My Creations

KayEhn

-The Roman part of something else i've been working on...one thing i have found, that makes me unhappy, is that you can't delete actors once you place them.

You should be able to delete actors the same way you delete entities (select with the move/rotate tool and press the delete key, see http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Manual_Starting#Deletingobjects ), otherwise I'd say it's a bug. There has been some work on selecting in Atlas not too long ago so perhaps that broke something. :unsure:

To select actors in Atlas you must Alt-click. This works for banding as well.

Ah :) I (or someone else can feel free too) need to update that Atlas manual to cover all the new select/rotate stuff in Atlas ;) (That said, I'd be happy if someone else would do so as the hard drive on my desktop seems to have broken down and I can't run the game on my laptop, so it's probably easier for someone else to update it. If no one has done it once the issues are resolved I'll take care of it eventually, but I'm not sorry if I don't have to ;) )

My First Map in Atlas

The Alley of Death

-So, a few suggestions would be to change the textures so that they are all the same for cliffs, cliff tops, and ground (all different, just same texture for same type of ground). Also, add more trees, lower the amount of stone and metal mines to 2 or 3 max (each), and see how it turns out! Overall, i think a very good concept!

Another thing to keep in mind is that cliffs don't have to be realistically tall. Shorter cliffs will stretch the textures less and look nicer. (y)

this is because textures are applied horizontally to the plain? could be possible apply vertical textures when cliffs are too high, to prevent stretches? or maybe different types of textures?

this is because textures are applied horizontally to the plain? could be possible apply vertical textures when cliffs are too high, to prevent stretches? or maybe different types of textures?

I'm not into this but I think that would be much work in texture art and coding for the uncommon case...

If there is a simple solution though, why not ;)