Programmer application - Miksu

miksu

Position: Programmer (sound)

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?

Yes

Name:

Mikael Jauhiainen

Email:

mikael.jauhiainen (at) gmail (dot) com

MSN Messenger:

Prefer Skype, no msn

Helsinki, Finland GMT+2

Availability:

20 hours or more for now but probably less later on

Self employed at the moment (working with startup but it won't take time at the moment)

Skills and Experience:

12 years experience from the industry. Mainly worked in telecommunication sector but done some web stuff as well. I have mainly used C++ and Java but not afraid to learn new things.

Motivation:

This would be my first open source project and it motivates me, to see how things are done. (Btw looking at the documentation and the code things look pretty good :))

And I don't actually have any good work example to show so I would be interested doing some area for the project, like ticket #1223 :)

Personality:

I am a social team player.

Short Essay:

I ended to the projects web site seeking games for Linux and did some more thorough checking about this project and it seemed really interesting, so I decided that I could participate

in some way. Basically I just want to contribute for the project to learn new things and share my own knowledge for the project.

Interests and Hobbies:

I like to watch premier league, would love to play but cannot do that anymore. I don't spit in the glass so weekends quite usually taking few beers with the friends.

Staff:

Community:

Mainly reading gamedev.net

Favorite Game:

It was Gunshine but after they altered whole game economy I stopped playing.

Work Examples:

Credited developer for the first multiplayer game that you could play with Windows, Linux, Mac and Nokia n-gage. I was server programmer for the project which was developed at RedLynx

studios at Helsinki. Game was called Reset Generation. So not actually work samples at the moment :(

Thanks for sending this application. However as quoted below this is not necessary for programmers so this means you can get started right away :). If you haven't already discovered it the developers irc channel is a good place to go for quick questions.

Gameplay, AI, Sound and Graphics Programmers - If you dig 0 A.D., and you can write code, just come as you are and start contributing. We don't want to hinder your progress with any application forms. People who make good, substantial contributions over time will be asked to be a part of the official team anyway. (All contributors will get credit for their work, though). Check out our intro in 0 A.D. programming for more info on how to get started, checking out the code from SVN, submitting patches and more.

Thanks for sending this application. However as quoted below this is not necessary for programmers so this means you can get started right away :). If you haven't already discovered it the developers irc channel is a good place to go for quick questions.

Gameplay, AI, Sound and Graphics Programmers - If you dig 0 A.D., and you can write code, just come as you are and start contributing. We don't want to hinder your progress with any application forms. People who make good, substantial contributions over time will be asked to be a part of the official team anyway. (All contributors will get credit for their work, though). Check out our intro in 0 A.D. programming for more info on how to get started, checking out the code from SVN, submitting patches and more.

Thanks for the reply. I was told in the chat already.

Sorry for doing this since it might cause others to do as me, that's not what I intended.