Kickstarter

Succhiateste

The thing one needs to remember in addition to everything directly concerning getting the money and all technicalities is that money is not the main thing. Development, and more specifically skilled developers are. Money is just one method of trying to get that, and I think it's vital to make sure you have a plan for how to actually spend the money before starting to try and get it.

The thing one needs to remember in addition to everything directly concerning getting the money and all technicalities is that money is not the main thing. Development, and more specifically skilled developers are. Money is just one method of trying to get that, and I think it's vital to make sure you have a plan for how to actually spend the money before starting to try and get it.

On the flip side, the more money in reserve, the bigger your plans can be.

Just sayin' you might get a lot of administrative overhead, and it will feel much less of a hobby and more of a job. If you can handle that, fine, but I don't want anyone to get some kind of burnout and lose any interest in the project after having to work on it full-time for a while, for example. :)

Just sayin' you might get a lot of administrative overhead, and it will feel much less of a hobby and more of a job. If you can handle that, fine, but I don't want anyone to get some kind of burnout and lose any interest in the project after having to work on it full-time for a while, for example. :)

Just because WFG has a healthy bank account doesn't mean everyone suddenly has to work on the game full-time. :) It simply gives more options.

• 8 months later...

I've been keeping tabs on 0 AD for about 10 years now (I've been playing AoE since I got my hands on AoE1 demo before the official launch).

Anyways, I am a sort of small time philanthroper on Kickstarter. :-) I support projects that I like. And I read about AoE 2 HD and remembered 0 AD and came back here to see how things are going. There's progress it seems (recent updates, etc.) - but it's a VERY slow project. With Kickstarter's help, this project can get moving quickly and actually made into a reality.

I suggest setting up a Kickstarter (what's there to lose?) - and offer three rewards:

1. Supporter: You get a copy of the game, since it's free. $25

2. Collector's Edition: You get a copy of the game for free, along with a cloth map and fridge magnet. $75

3. Super Supporter: You get to name one of the NPCs in the game. $500

Hello, perhaps you would like to consider Gambitious to be your crowdfunding platform, rather similar to KickStarter as it would appear, although less well known, and focusing only on video games. Firefly studios who are developing Stronghold Crusader 2 a castle builder RTS have chosen it as their funding platform, and have a large following there. They have already brought alot of the focus group you want to the site, imo this is why it's the best candidate.

I don't know about the finer details: bank account locale conditions, etc. Have a look if your interested.

You can offer perks as further incentives for pledgers/investors, though they say the perks must be offered as an additional project...i may be incorrect.

• Like 1