Jump to content

Known Problems (Please read before posting)


Recommended Posts

I have played at Rise of Legends and I noticed that huge armise does not cause lags. Maybe you should see that game. I think Big Huge Games combine 3D models and 3D sprites. Maybe you should test this idea?

Spoiler

5fbcf2d3-3361-49db-9187-e3ce055f37a6.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's an ancient symbol, so I don't really see why it should be removed (especially not when it's so clearly different from the Nazi one). If the game had been set in the modern world I'd say it'd have

Thanks for trying out 0 A.D. and coming here to report your problem. As the game is still in alpha releases there are still many things we need to do. Many of these we know already, so when you provid

This is the console, that we never use, even for developing, and which is likely to be removed in the future. The key to make it appear (or disappear) is the one on top of Tab, left to the 1 (it is ²

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ailnot said:

I have played at Rise of Legends and I noticed that huge armise does not cause lags. Maybe you should see that game. I think Big Huge Games combine 3D models and 3D sprites. Maybe you should test this idea?

  Hide contents

5fbcf2d3-3361-49db-9187-e3ce055f37a6.jpg

 

its not same issue, 0 A.D engine is complete different to RoN  or RoL engine.

the sprites aren't 3D because 3D sprites doesn't exist. and the lag isn't caused by graphics is caused by CPU computations

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I'm new here! 

I wanted to add some more information about Persians nation.

The face of king Cyrus II is somehow Arab lied face, 

I sent a picture of a more Persian liked face structure. Furthermore, The Immortals appearance isn't like the original Immortals. ( I uploaded their picture too )

Also, Persians did not Farvahar sign on their shields because it was a religious sign for them. Some of them used "Derafsh Kaviani" as their flag on their shields.

Also Most of Ancient Persian soldiers used Some sort of helmets which was called "Khud". 

You can take a look to the pictures for more information.

Thank you.

 

th56WWX1GE.jpg

Immortals.jpg

Farvahar.jpg

Derafsh Kaviani.jpg

Khud.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MehdiSlayer said:

Hello, I'm new here! 

I wanted to add some more information about Persians nation.

The face of king Cyrus II is somehow Arab lied face, 

I sent a picture of a more Persian liked face structure. Furthermore, The Immortals appearance isn't like the original Immortals. ( I uploaded their picture too )

Also, Persians did not Farvahar sign on their shields because it was a religious sign for them. Some of them used "Derafsh Kaviani" as their flag on their shields.

Also Most of Ancient Persian soldiers used Some sort of helmets which was called "Khud". 

You can take a look to the pictures for more information.

Thank you.

 

th56WWX1GE.jpg

Immortals.jpg

Farvahar.jpg

Derafsh Kaviani.jpg

Khud.jpg

you can open a topic in art forum under sub forum refererences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, allalongthetower said:

Hi! I love the game and would like to try to play multiplayer. When I sign up for an account in the online lobby, the game quits. I'm running the (almost) latest version of OSX. Thanks!

Hello you can either disable TLS in the game optiona or download the fixed release bundle from here :https://www.mediafire.com/file/00lxxtdmsu64nrs/0ad-0.0.23b-alpha-osx64.dmg/file

Sorry for the inconvenience.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed ... things that would need to be changed (or fixed):

1. ROMAN GHOSTS: The Roman have access to the testudo but when I put units in this formation and then make them work, they just glide over the ground (which is really creepy).

2. AI BATTLE STRATEGY: I think the AI battle behavior should be changed because when I'm attacked by one of them, he just sends his units rushing on my walls, without any formation. It's sad because I would love to see a decent battle where the troops wait for the signal to charge (in formation of course).

3. OBEDIENT UNITS: Last but not least, when I put my units in formation and send them to attack, as soon as they see an enemy they just break the formation ! It makes me rage because they just disseminate everywhere on the opponent's battlefield and get exterminated by simple arrow-towers... It's one of my greater concerns because my whole darn plan is put into ruins by no-brained soldiers who should obey their superior !!!

That's it for my list and I hope the developers (or modders) will take this into credit for a near update (or mod???).

Still, thank you for making such an awesome game (which is free by the way and it's even better) and keep up all the good work ! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AnakineCapMab said:

ROMAN GHOSTS: The Roman have access to the testudo but when I put units in this formation and then make them work, they just glide over the ground (which is really creepy).

Should be fixed in next version.

11 minutes ago, AnakineCapMab said:

AI BATTLE STRATEGY: I think the AI battle behavior should be changed because when I'm attacked by one of them, he just sends his units rushing on my walls, without any formation. It's sad because I would love to see a decent battle where the troops wait for the signal to charge (in formation of course).

Currently the AI doesn't use formation because as it's said in the welcome screen those are not a finished feature.

12 minutes ago, AnakineCapMab said:

3. OBEDIENT UNITS: Last but not least, when I put my units in formation and send them to attack, as soon as they see an enemy they just break the formation ! It makes me rage because they just disseminate everywhere on the opponent's battlefield and get exterminated by simple arrow-towers... It's one of my greater concerns because my whole darn plan is put into ruins by no-brained soldiers who should obey their superior !!!

Currently formation attack is not implemented,  you can also set them to standground.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 7:41 PM, Stan` said:

Should be fixed in next version.

Currently the AI doesn't use formation because as it's said in the welcome screen those are not a finished feature.

Currently formation attack is not implemented,  you can also set them to standground.

I'm sure everyone is very enthusiast for Alpha 24 to come out ! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 8/13/2019 at 1:57 AM, Stan` said:

Hello you can either disable TLS in the game optiona or download the fixed release bundle from here :https://www.mediafire.com/file/00lxxtdmsu64nrs/0ad-0.0.23b-alpha-osx64.dmg/file

Sorry for the inconvenience.

 

Thanks for the reply--sorry I just saw this! What is TLS and how do I disable it? Alternatively, is the link for the file you sent me a later released than is on the website? Should I be using this one?

 

Thanks again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, allalongthetower said:

Thanks for the reply--sorry I just saw this! What is TLS and how do I disable it? Alternatively, is the link for the file you sent me a later released than is on the website? Should I be using this one?

 

Thanks again!

In the menu go to options, on the lobby tab you should have a TLS option :) untick it and that's done.

Yes that file is a bit more recent, it's the time it took me to find and fix the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

System let me register an account under a name that immediately got me kicked from the multiplayer lobby. I then got an error message that I couldn't register another account for multiplayer within an hour. Shouldn't the system warn me and not allow me to register a name that's going to flag me?

A friend got me playing on a private multiplayer last night and the game is great, would love to play more on my own, so just a suggestion here. because theres no campaign yet, my game is completely just bricked for a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, destroyallhumans said:

System let me register an account under a name that immediately got me kicked from the multiplayer lobby. I then got an error message that I couldn't register another account for multiplayer within an hour. Shouldn't the system warn me and not allow me to register a name that's going to flag me?

A friend got me playing on a private multiplayer last night and the game is great, would love to play more on my own, so just a suggestion here. because theres no campaign yet, my game is completely just bricked for a while.

For the lobby you should contact @user1 :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, brunoeskeletor said:

When you go to multiplayer room the game just quits unexpectedly

I am assume you're on mac. On the lobby tab in the game option try to untick TLS :) that should fix it

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hello there I downloaded all modes and enabled them.

When I startet the game again the image is shown but I can't red anything. It is all blurred and unreadable.

So I want to set the mod back but I can't get nowhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Calimero said:

Hello there I downloaded all modes and enabled them.

When I startet the game again the image is shown but I can't red anything. It is all blurred and unreadable.

So I want to set the mod back but I can't get nowhere. 

Hey @Calimero I missed you on IRC.

What OS are you on ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ldon said:

Hey guys

Anybody know how to change a civilisation?
Me and  AL have only at athenians

sadly

 

image.png

In a SP game you can select them in the drop down menu.

In a MP Game you need to ask the host to change them for you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

hi my username is mr.michael, now the game crashes and a window is running that says: Assertion failed: "num_elements! = 0"
Location: wdbg_sym.cpp: 850 (dump_sym_array)

Call stack:

While generating an error report, we encountered a second problem. Please be sure to report both this and the subsequent error messages.
errno = 2 (Error during IO)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

please help, I would like to know how to solve it

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...