I have no forum experience, plz give me tips

FeXoR

I feel my style of posting is at least in need of improvement.

My main questions are:

- If I open a new post for a random map, an rmgen script or other code and I want to upload new versions, should I put them into a reply or in the OP?

... and if I change the OP, should I mention that in a reply (or vice versa)?

- Sometimes, especially when I have to make up my mind about something, I just speak my mind. But I seldom get replies for that. Is that bad manner of me?

If you feel I am doing something wrong and don't even notice it, please let me know.

I'd say it's up to you whether you want to put the latest version of e.g. a new random map script in the first post or in a reply, it's definitely recommended that you write a new reply to mention it if you've added/changed something in the first post. If something is changed in the first post but you don't let people know, then no one will know. Adding a new reply, regardless of whether you put the new version there or in the first post, will let people know there's an update. Among other things it will show up on the "View New Content" page.

About getting replies: first, remember that the forums are visited by people from all over the world, so I'd say you should allow for at least 24 hours before expecting a reply. Second,it's far more likely for you to get replies if you post a direct question than if you just list some thoughts you've had and ask for people's opinion.

Another thing, while we certainly aren't as aggressive against people posting twice or more in a row you seem to be a bit more likely to post a new reply rather than editing your last reply if no one has posted anything in between. It definitely depends a lot on the circumstances, and as said above, editing an existing post doesn't make the topic show up as changed on e.g. the "View New Content" page, just something to keep in mind. :)

Another thing, while we certainly aren't as aggressive against people posting twice or more in a row you seem to be a bit more likely to post a new reply rather than editing your last reply if no one has posted anything in between. It definitely depends a lot on the circumstances, and as said above, editing an existing post doesn't make the topic show up as changed on e.g. the "View New Content" page, just something to keep in mind. :)

Ok, then I will rather edit my last post if no one posted after me and then add a new one.

I may think of adding a new post anyway if no replies where there for let's say 3 days to make the post show up in new content.

Thanks.

maybe you could ask to join the development team, so, when you have a new version of your work, you can upload it to svn and just make an announce in the forum :)

I build the last svn version and will look into it.

Really good job by the way.

I'll do some corrections to make my files fit to the actual version.

After I got used to it a bit, I'll probably ask to join the team.

Sometimes, especially when I have to make up my mind about something, I just speak my mind. But I seldom get replies for that. Is that bad manner of me?

For what it's worth, I really like reading what you write about you progress and thoughts, even if I don't reply.