How to import ".dae" files and test them in 0ad?

Hello!

I don't know if I have got skills to do that, but I wanted to build a little mesh with textures and try to import it into the editor.

So I have build a water well with blender and I exported it into a collada file:

1330878152.png

http://ubuntuone.com...KZk6L9HovYbqLMd

But I didn't found how to past it in the "pyrogenesis -editor", I try to copy directly the files into the public.zip but without success ;)

I wondered how can I do such things in order to test my mesh and see if the all goes well, particulary the scale.

I run 0ad, blender and Gimp on a Ubuntu 64bits platform.

I found the editor here:

/usr/games/pyrogenesis -editor

Regards

Kao

You'll have to extract the public.zip file's contents into the 'public' directory.

Then what you could do is use one of the existing Wells as a guide. Find this actor file:

\binaries\data\mods\public\art\actors\props\special\eyecandy\well_1_a.xml

Create a duplicate of it in the same folder and name it 'well_2_a.xml'

Within that file you'll see this code:

<variant frequency="100" name="Base">
<mesh>props/wrld_well_a.dae</mesh>
<props>
<prop actor="props/special/eyecandy/well_woodbit.xml" attachpoint="woodbit"/>
</props>
<texture>props/wrld_well_a_1.dds</texture>
</variant>

In the code are the collada and texture files that the existing Well uses. Change those references to point to your files, which should be placed into -

model: binaries\data\mods\public\art\meshes\props

texture: binaries\data\mods\public\art\textures\skins\props

The texture file can be either dds or png format, and the model a 'clean' collada file (see more info here)

You can remove the following lines from the actor file:

<props>
<prop actor="props/special/eyecandy/well_woodbit.xml" attachpoint="woodbit"/>
</props>

This references another model which your Water Well won't need.

In Atlas, you will then find your Well by putting 'well' into the filter and choosing the 'Actors: (all)' option:

actorsearch.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have "tinny" problem with getting my models ingame: im using Wings for modeling and max 2012 for mapping. Now: exporting .dae to 0.AD from wings3d work fine, but from max not (unable to load mesh). I followed wiki-tut but that didn't helped. What setting's i need to have in Max2012 .dae export?

edit for typos

Edited by Adij

• 1 month later...

ahh sorry for not giving any response :throw-up:

Also got more problems with max - the new version's dont have "PS helper's" and "Prop Point" and looks that standard dummy's are not supported by 0ad... so no way to attach props to model's. I just used other software to export models to 0 A.D:

pyrogenesis201205112041.jpg

pyrogenesis201205112043.jpg

pyrogenesis201205112041.jpg

Edited by Adij
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

@Lion. This plugin is useless since all models you need are in DAE format in the SVN repository.

To make the prop, you have to parent the "empty" object to the main model. and name it prop-something.

Unless it's propped to the "root". That's why I can't say anything about it without seeing the DAE and the actor files.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...