Romans in Random Map

Phaethon

Hi, Phaethon,

Yes, it is normal, for now. Romans haven't been released yet as a full civilization. The team plans to release them with the next alpha version. The only scenarios featuring the romans are those for testing, so you'll have to wait a bit for the next version of the game to play the romans. Meanwhile you can check the preview topic in which the team is updating glimpses of how they will be! good.gif(Click Here to see the topic)

There is also a topic for suggestions of names for the next release (as it is the ninth release, has to start with the letter "I" and the romans are the theme). You can suggest the name of the next release here!

Have a nice day and welcome to the game community!

Hello everyone,

When I want to play a random map (as opposed to a scenario) and when I choose the civilizations, the Romans aren't on the list. Is this normal?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: If you're using the latest release (Alpha 8) then Romans aren't yet included and that's why they aren't available in the list. If you're using the SVN version the Romans are included, but the list isn't yet updated to reflect this. It will be for the Alpha 9 release though :)

Best way to make it lag considerably less, is to turn off shadows, only play against 1 other player, and don't play on maps with large amounts of water (such as islands, etc )

Apparantly, from what i've gathered, it may be in march? :X

I've noticed only a small difference in frame rate by toggling the shadows. I get 1-2 more fps when I turn off shadow filtering, and maybe 2-5 fps by turning shadows OFF. Not really enough to notice. Same with turning off the "fancy" water--I get about a 2 fps bonus.