The Alpha 9 Preview-Thread

If you want Ykkrosh to only work on pathfinding, employ him under a real contract. Not giving him a contract and demanding that he work as if he had one is just disrespectful and can quickly deplete anyone's motivation to work.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I respectfully disagree. 0 A.D. already is filling in a niche market as a free open source RTS (with a small number of competitors). If 0 A.D. could get on the Android it would be without comparison to any other strategy game available in that market. The Android community would eat that up, and surely run with this bringing more publicity and attention to the project - with the hope that more programmers/animators would be interested in joining as well.

Also, people who volunteer on this game tend to do what they find to be fun and enjoyable work to them. Self satisfaction is often the greatest motivator to continue contributing. Philip obviously enjoys this and seems some benefit because if he didn't - he wouldn't be doing so. Perhaps he just needs a break from tedious pathfinding coding - only Philip can say for sure.

I understand you guys have a plan and it is deviating, so that is a bit annoying - but I say, cut the guy a bit of slack ;)

I too would like to see gameplay features implemented too, but there are more programmers on the team besides Philip aren't there?

Oh, and don't just think phones - think tablets.

i don't have any Android phone or tablet, and i would prefer pathfinding feature to Android implementation, but i agree with you: it's an open source game after all

If you want Ykkrosh to only work on pathfinding, employ him under a real contract. Not giving him a contract and demanding that he work as if he had one is just disrespectful and can quickly deplete anyone's motivation to work.

Philip can do whatever he wants. But with respect to you, some of us have put 100s or 1000s of hours into this game. I think we've earned the right to give our opinion.

Philip can do whatever he wants. But with respect to you, some of us have put 100s or 1000s of hours into this game. I think we've earned the right to give our opinion.

What an incredibly immature outburst. If you want to start a new thread somewhere and explain what this has to do with me - please do! Maybe you should make it clearer in the forum rules that it is reserved for official team members only?

If you want to start a new thread somewhere and explain what this has to do with me - please do! Maybe you should make it clearer in the forum rules that it is reserved for official team members only?

I didn't say you did not have the right to your opinion. Perhaps reread what I said. As far as I could tell, you told the rest of us to sit and spin in regards to our opinion on your pet project.

I didn't say you did not have the right to your opinion. Perhaps reread what I said. As far as I could tell, you told the rest of us to sit and spin in regards to our opinion on your pet project.

Whatever. I'm out of here.

Acojonante! (spanish word for "fu***** awesome" ^_^) :)

And "Fodástico" is the portuguese word for "fu**-tastic". It brings back to me that feeling of AoK, and i love that feeling of AoK... Man, look at those details! I really envy you guys, wish i could do such detailed, accurate and beautiful buildings (well, the art, not specifically the buildings themselves).

And "Fodástico" is the portuguese word for "fu**-tastic". It brings back to me that feeling of AoK, and i love that feeling of AoK... Man, look at those details! I really envy you guys, wish i could do such detailed, accurate and beautiful buildings (well, the art, not specifically the buildings themselves).

I really do like Pureon's houses, and Enrique's Fortress. They do remind me a lot of AOK, especially since we relaxed the triangle count requirements a bit for the Romans. This allows so much more detail.

Just to explain: The Android related discussion in this topic has been deleted, all of it, it got out of hand and wasn't constructive in the end. While some of it was relevant it's better to make a clean cut than a rough =) If someone wants to discuss these things, please do so in another thread related to that specific point. And please take an extra look at what you write, it may be extremely clear to you, but to someone else it can easily be misinterpreted. We're all here because we have a great interest in this game, so it's understandable that we care a lot about it, just remember that other people may care about it for different reasons. They're all valid, if everyone just focused on one aspect we'd never get a finished game, just a lot of one thing. For the future we should be extra aware that Android support is an issue which people have a lot of feelings about and be careful about how we express things :)

Getting back on topic, I really like how the barracks expresses the Roman attitude :) The fortress-kinda features emphasizes their focus on war and how seriously they take war-related things =)