Illustrator/ Concept Artist

You're right, the triple disc pectoral is Italic in origin, but there were many Italians and Italian mercenaries in Carthaginian armies. Such an ornamental piece could definitely have come into Hannibal's possession, likely as a gift. Anyway, that was my rationale for including it, since at the time there were no Italian units in the game to give the awesome pectoral to. :)

Just so people know I'm alive. Here's a rough sketch. Not sure if I'm happy with it, I might start over, but I thought I'd post as proof of interest.

To keep myself interested I'd like to do a series of at least six portraits, one hero of each civ. If possible I'll begin with Hannibal, then move onto Scipio Africanus, Boudicca, Darius, Viratio and Alexander the Great. I think Pokemoning the civs will keep me interested and you'll get more use out of me. And by then I'll have done some research for each civ and can do more paintings for other units.

Interested to hear everyones thoughts.

post-14037-0-05921400-1328357841_thumb.j

Just so people know I'm alive. Here's a rough sketch. Not sure if I'm happy with it, I might start over, but I thought I'd post as proof of interest.

To keep myself interested I'd like to do a series of at least six portraits, one hero of each civ. If possible I'll begin with Hannibal, then move onto Scipio Africanus, Boudicca, Darius, Viratio and Alexander the Great. I think Pokemoning the civs will keep me interested and you'll get more use out of me. And by then I'll have done some research for each civ and can do more paintings for other units.

Interested to hear everyones thoughts.

Apart from the fact that we already have an image in the works for Alexander I think that plan is great :) And a really cool look as well (y)

The patch is on the wrong side because I flip the painting during my process to see errors, so the side its on changes. It's simple enough to change back.

As for Alexander, I looked in game at the different heros and the portrait there seemed to be a model render but that may be because its so small. I'd love to have a go at it anyway to update it to the newer style of portrait that seems to be developing from the Xerxes and Cyrus and now from my future pieces. But if I would be stepping on someones toes, I understand.

Our other portrait artist, Lana, is doing Alexander for us, is what Erik meant. :) The Alexander portrait in the game is definitely getting replaced.

Yup, I guess I should have been more clear. But yeah, I meant that it was "in the works" in the sense of it being worked on :) So better to have you focus on other images so we can have as many as possible drawn as opposed to screenshots (though I'd say Michael has done a good job making those look good as well :) ).