About some ideas

av93

Hey guys!

I was thinking about some things in the game..

-I don't know a lot about greek and roman history, but i thought that greeks did't use archers a lot before the come of the macedonians, and in other hand, i thought that roman used archers more than the other guys... It's correct?

If it so, my little suggestions is to make toxotes only available with macedonians, giving slingers instead, and maybe archers to roman faction?

- Also the bonus to persia of corraling camels i think that will be very little, cause only have traders as a camel unit and you wont make it a lot..

- Finally, iberian will have the spanish names or will be replaced by euskera ones?

Byeee!

Iberian names will probably be replaced, but I'm not positive. We'll have to talk about it more.

About archers though:

Greeks used archers, especially mercenary archers from the island of Crete. Both the city-states and the Macedonians hired Cretan archers as mercenaries, so that's why Cretan archers are available as a citizen-soldier, but costs a bunch of Metal (Gold) simulating that they are mercenaries rather than standard citizens.

Romans rarely used archers until the late empire, as far as I know. There were "Syrian" archers, which was probably a generic term for "Eastern," not specifically from Syria, who appear in imperial times. As far as the Republican era, ranged attack was achieved with javelins and pila. Archery wasn't a developed style of warfare on the Italian peninsula.