Animation Pipeline

Gen.Kenobi

I just want to let everybody know that thanks to Stanislas69 and Hephaestion we finally have a working armature in blender compatible with the current unit meshes. Thank you guys! :)

I'll be posting soon a blend file with a basic IK rig for everyone who wants to make new animations.

• Like 8

As promised here is the blend template with a basic IK rig. Just animate in a new "action" in action editor, and export!

Here's a small video showcasing how the armature works (pretty basic and straightforward).

For more information on how to export animations to 0AD go to this tutorial

For anyone interested, the solution to get the armature working was to export the original MAX armature to SMD, and then import back to blender with an Import SMD addon.

Biped animation template.zip

• Like 1

God, Enrique is our god!!! How you made this, you have solved it ... omg .. Enrique you're my hero tonight. *Hephaestion can't believe Enrique is his master ... much to good for me, .. should punish myself .. immediately .. where is the iron ..*

Really, this is awesome news. Is it real? Probably I'm dreaming. Don't punish me if this is not real and you read this message. I will delete it once I woke up. Thx.

God, Enrique is our god!!! How you made this, you have solved it ... omg .. Enrique you're my hero tonight. *Hephaestion can't believe Enrique is his master ... much to good for me, .. should punish myself .. immediately .. where is the iron ..*

Really, this is awesome news. Is it real? Probably I'm dreaming. Don't punish me if this is not real and you read this message. I will delete it once I woke up. Thx.

Actually we three of us fixed it. You gave me the solution, I gave the the partially fixed skeleton to enrique that imported fine in the game, and Enrique fixed the last stuff ;) So Enrique is the savior, your the wise man, and I well am myself ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...