Wonders, Special Buildings, and Special Projects

excueseme for trollning but the gauls has as wonder stonehenge

There are some wonder placeholders since the "wonder winning condition" has been implemented. Each faction will have its own wonder... keep in mind it still in developement.

@LordGood

That temple looks awesome man! :D

Be careful when baking AO for buildings with flora... it tends to get really dark on leaves and intersecting geometry. I usually add an approximation of the plants like spheres when baking AO to have some shadowing where the plants are, but leave them out of the AO map when the structure is put in-game, otherwise they look quite dark.

@LordGood

That temple looks awesome man! :D

Be careful when baking AO for buildings with flora... it tends to get really dark on leaves and intersecting geometry. I usually add an approximation of the plants like spheres when baking AO to have some shadowing where the plants are, but leave them out of the AO map when the structure is put in-game, otherwise they look quite dark.

Oh dear

I hadn't thought about AO

right now the floral meshes aren't part of the building, there are empties all around the sides for short Cretan date palm actors

that being said, they're all different every time the building is placed, but they're all the same tree.

• Like 1

Selecting between the different ones will be rather hard. Instead of working on this. I'd rather work on supporting turrets from the start. So a turret can fire individually, and even turn towards it target. Then you could have 4 separate turrets in the Iberian fortress (not necessarily with a rotating actor, a projectile empty will be enough).

Would it be possible to make them dependent yet separate, unattackable entities?

That's how I see it. Separate entities that can't move on their own, only rotate. Making it not attackable is simple. We have many entities like that (like the trees).

also, would anyone mind me changing the Carthaginian wonder? I don't want to update my subversion until I get this committed

If you don't delete the old model, no problem (though I shouldn't decide on this). Maybe that model can be reused in a way like the iberian monument.

I am just wondering what your references are for this building. :)

ah, mausoleum capitals, geometric pier and fill construction and interior colonnades seen in Carthaginian ruins in Kerkouane and the Byrsa

But mostly this is just a branch off of the existing temple

which is why I kinda regret the full peripteral colonnade of the temple, but its in line with the existing buildings...

I didn't have much to go on :S