Wonders, Special Buildings, and Special Projects

Can someone tell me any specific wonder/building that game needs very much? I really want to try myself with that and what is the poly limit? :)

I think every civ currently has his wonder, but you can try modelling one for the new ptolemaic civ. The temple of Edfu was proposed for that (http://trac.wildfire...iv%3A_Ptolemies).

Edited by sanderd17

Ah, that model needs to be rebuilt in blender, which pretty much means starting from scratch again.

If you'd like to give it a shot Bloc, that'd be great!

Ah well after check your old work , Its obvious that I didnt understand the poly count of that game jGndE.jpg

Its 200 poly , 420 edge , 248 vert

Looks like a nice start. But keep in mind that the kind of texturing we are looking for is when the building was in perfect conditions/ recently built rather than a grunge / erosioned look. If it's going to be a wonder you can use a heavy load of polys, but use them wisely (keeping in mind the distance of the camera ingame, an using texturing for very little details)

i decided to compile another list of all the Wonders we've thought up so far and organized them by civilization:

• Achaemenid Persians: Hanging Gardens of Babylon
  • Athenians: Parthenon (confirmed)
  • Brythonic Celts: Stonehenge (confirmed)
  • Carthaginians: Mausoleum of Prince Ateban
  • Gaulish Celts: Carnac stones
  • Iberians: Dolmen of Menga
  • Macedonians: Library of Alexandria
  • Mauryan Indians: Great Stupa at Sanchi
  • Ptolemaic Egyptians: Temple of Edfu (confirmed)
  • Republican Romans: Temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus
  • Spartans: Temple of Artemis
  • others
    • Ishtar Gates
    • "assets depicting the city of Ninevah"
    • wall(s) of Troy
    • Roman Aqueduct(s)
    • Colossus of Rhodes (for the generic Hellenes)
    • Pharos Lighthouse/Lighthouse of Alexandria
    • Luxor Colossus
    • Sphinx of Memphis
    • Delphi Sphinx
    • Osirian statue(s)
    • Temple of Venus at Heliopolis
    • Roman Senate
    • Palace/Tomb of Xerxes
    • Colosseum of Rome
    • ziggurat(s)
    • pyramid(s)
    • Great Altar at Pergamon
    • Roman Forum
    • Flavian Ampitheater
    • Hagia Sophia
    • Mausoleum of Theodoric
    • "conquered monument" (intended for the Huns, based on AOK)
    • Tikal Temple (for hypothetical Mayans)
    • Statue/Temple of Zeus (for the generic Hellenes)
    • Theater of Dionysus
    • Mausoleum of Halicarnassos
    • Terracotta Army (for hypothetical Chinese)
    • Sanctuary of Artemis Orthia
    • Acropolis of Sparta
    • Cothon of Carthage
    • Cyrus' Tomb
    • Circus Maximus
    • Temple of Artemis
    • Temple of Apollo (for hypothetical Thebans, in reference to the Oracle of Delphi)
    • Cadmea (for hypothetical Thebans)
    • Mirror of Archemides (for hypothetical Syracusans, though arguably non-historical)
    • port of Carthage
    • temple complex of Persepolis
    • "statue of Poseidon the Magnificent"
    • Tower of Babel
    • Gate of Ptolemey
    • Temple of Luxor
    • Temple of Karnak
    • Great Sphinx
    • Abu Simbel
    • Colossus of Memnon
    • Colossus of Ramses II
    • Grand Palace of Amenhotep III
    • Quirino Palace
    • "estelas de Fuentecilla del Tio Carrulo"
    • "Sepulcro de Pozo Moro"
    • "pilar-estela de Monforte del Cid"
    • "Verraco"
    • Temple of Baal and Astarte

at minimum, we DO have Wonder ideas for every civiliaztion now; we just need to pick ones out of them all that we're satisfied with

Edited by oshron
  • Like 1

Wooh-ie, lookie at that list! Ahaha

hey we don't actually have a model for the Iberian wonder yet do we?

Or did I miss something...

I remembering someone a while back mentioning how the Dolmen of Menga was a poor choice

I'm all for Carthage a more... ah, bigger wonder, but shouldn't we have a finite, thought out list before we start throwing meshes at a wall and hoping they stick?

They should to be of similar sizes and grandeur. Finding (or clearing) a spot to put the hanging gardens is going to be quite a disadvantage to the persians if the carthaginians can plop theirs down wherever they want. If we make a wonder building a victory condition its going to be an even worse imbalance.

Wonders are, after all, much more taxing projects.

5000 poly limit for wonders if I'm not mistaken

Ah Its not Low poly then , I have a question by the way.When I try to add a two combined mesh ıt gives me an error.So I have to seperate them to xml's.Its really boring and a bad way to adding models because It can cause problems.Do we have a more simple way to add them? If ıts off-topic please forgive me.
  • Like 1

5000 poly limit for wonders if I'm not mistaken

Looking at the poly counts in Atlas Editor (shadows off), the ideal number of Atlas polys for a wonder model is around 20,000.

The hanging gardens are showing as having nearly 100,000 polys, but many people experience noticeable lag when it's in-game, so best not to use too many. The lag is mostly due to the water and vegetation (transparent textures), standard polys aren't so much of an issue.

Ah Its not Low poly then , I have a question by the way.When I try to add a two combined mesh ıt gives me an error.So I have to seperate them to xml's.Its really boring and a bad way to adding models because It can cause problems.Do we have a more simple way to add them? If ıts off-topic please forgive me.

Each mesh gets its own actor, for non-boring reasons. :) They can then be propped together.

they can be in tech tree implmented Chose a Marvel and the tech tactical and warriors. or like Age of Empires

asian dinasties, you can build a marvel to advance to ages or phases.

other some wonder are most sucessful in some maps, like Island Map and Iberian Wonder. or Csrthsginisn Wonder.

maritime or small winder can be the best. or in Canyon valley, or Alpine Rivers Rms.

Edited by Nolanjoker

i think the intention is more like Age of Empires: every civ gets one and only one Wonder (though more will be in the editor for scenario design, like having various different iconic temples which were all part of the same city). the difference is that each Wonder is uniquely addressed and specifically named something rather than just generically being called "Wonder" while looking different depending on which civ controls it (like how in AOM you had the Temple of Zeus, Pyramid of Osiris, Thor's Oak, the Tower of Odin, the Temple at Karnak, and the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus being the exact same building, just looking different depending on which god you chose)

• Like 1

Nope. Currently all buildings have one actor per texture used in the building. You use one actor of the building as the 'main actor' and you add there the rest of the actors needed (normally at the root prop point, which is the origin point of the main mesh when exporting)

Still need work , 1115 Poly , 2356 edges , 1305 vert - Enterences has 4 + 4 windows actually but render program did something wrong with that alpha channels so Its looking like 2 + 3 , Its not like that.All suggestions are welcome.

3zZ2m.jpg
Edited by Bloc
  • Like 1