Wonders, Special Buildings, and Special Projects

water-wheels.jpg

how about waterwheels, the greeks invented it and used it along with the romans to lift the water to their aqueducts

I too love those huge wheels and I would love to see them in 0 A.D. but I don't see them in term of Wonders but rather as special technical buildings giving access to special water technologies.

Anno 1404 features a beautiful water wheel building (bottom picture) but curiously on the screenshot, it is not crossing any river...

00282857.jpg

I believe those were oriental norias (specifically, big norias here) in Anno 1404. They irrigated surrounding areas to allow farming.

Might want that for when we revamp the farming system.

I'm very interested by improvements of the farming system. That's an interesting aspect of the settlement in a territory, different for each biome.

• Like 1

I too love those huge wheels and I would love to see them in 0 A.D. but I don't see them in term of Wonders but rather as special technical buildings giving access to special water technologies.

Anno 1404 features a beautiful water wheel building (bottom picture) but curiously on the screenshot, it is not crossing any river...

00282857.jpg

maybe its a well there taking the water from, but these things would be great if they were in 0ad

The gauls were metalworking Barberians. What about a huge Gaul forge. I dont think the stones will be impresive and breathtaking as the gardens of Babelonia or the collosis ect would be. The name is 0AD for a reason. We dont need to be exactly historicaly correct. I am posting some images for insperation mabey..

400px-Ancient_Forge_of_the_N%C3%BAmen%C3%B3reans.jpg3303561290_09934b1c13.jpgforge.gifuk1forge.pnggaul_market.jpg I am imagening a gual hut like the last one with melted metal falls and a big anvil and a lot of wepons and a big fire with a chimney and gaulish stuf all around...

lol prolly a bad idea

Happy holidays

LTJR

The gauls were metalworking Barberians. What about a huge Gaul forge. I dont think the stones will be impresive and breathtaking as the gardens of Babelonia or the collosis ect would be. The name is 0AD for a reason. We dont need to be exactly historicaly correct. I am posting some images for insperation mabey..

400px-Ancient_Forge_of_the_N%C3%BAmen%C3%B3reans.jpg3303561290_09934b1c13.jpgforge.gifuk1forge.pnggaul_market.jpg I am imagening a gual hut like the last one with melted metal falls and a big anvil and a lot of wepons and a big fire with a chimney and gaulish stuf all around...

lol prolly a bad idea

Happy holidays

LTJR

that now in process to work give to Celts or Gauls a Blacksmith Building

uk1forge.png

Excuse me, sir, but this forge is from World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King's instance "Utgarde Keep". They aren't mythologic, they are somewhat based on norse mythology, but otherwise totally fictional and shouldn't be considered for a historically-based game like 0 A.D. Though everybody here agrees no game can be too faithful to history and still fun to play, adding mythological/fictional elements isn't the way we should go, imho.

Excuse me, sir, but this forge is from World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King's instance "Utgarde Keep". They aren't mythologic, they are somewhat based on norse mythology, but otherwise totally fictional and shouldn't be considered for a historically-based game like 0 A.D. Though everybody here agrees no game can be too faithful to history and still fun to play, adding mythological/fictional elements isn't the way we should go, imho.

lol, when he post it that my firts think was: maybe he is confused he talk about blacksmith building.