30 Building Challenge

MishFTW

So Mythos_Ruler started a thread for a 10 minute challenge. Yeah so I lost that one. Big time. But I don't blame myself too much, I'm just not that rushing type of person. My strategy is building (mainly defense). So why not start a thread for you builders out there? Upload a screenshot of you best cities and mazes of dwellings.

Rules:

1. Pick your favorite faction
  2. Select an Oasis map
  3. Set AI to "unassigned" to prevent harrasement
  4. See what you can build in just 30 minutes! (F12 to show in game timer)
  5. Upload your screenshots here

So what are ya waiting for? Let the building begin!

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I would have seen this thread sooner. :( I am also a defense type of player.

I had a super fortress on Oasis V. qBot got so frustrated trying to take the walls down that he just decided to quit. I literally sent my archers for the 1st time to his base, and only had to deal with the scout towers. I will see if I can get another good one built and post it here.

By the way, anyone else in this thread obsessive about making city walls align perfectly? or is just me? :P

I loled.

I actually wouldn't call myself a boomer or rusher, more like a conqueror. I like to grab as much territory as I can. I've been successfully rushed by other players because of my tendency to favor expansion.

So it seems that I am exactly the opposite side of you. I only expand when I'm sure I can defend my territory. I encircle my lands with forts and towers before expanding.

I actually wouldn't call myself a boomer or rusher, more like a conqueror. I like to grab as much territory as I can. I've been successfully rushed by other players because of my tendency to favor expansion.

In Rise of Nations i'd say i do the same, capping territory to make it harder for people to find new resources and building as many wonders as i can. But that is for RoN, in which cities are strong and can kill many soldiers and there is a constant damage for being in enemy territory (called attrition damage), so to with a small army i can repel initial rushes while keeping the major resource production at some specific and fortified cities (in RoN the resources never deplet). When the production is high and constant, i build an ocean of barracks and stables, turn the infinite soldier requeue and just keep managing the battle front. In other games expand slowly, but fortify very well each and every base so to not care about my workers, as it may drive the attention needed to win the game during the main battles.

I'm a boomer, I like to get my economy running as fast as possible so I can train more units and win. Mythos' strategy seems to be mainly effective due to 0 A.D. buildings being rather strong (in Alpha 8 especially before attack bonuses). He builds so much that it takes ages to do any real damage to his base, giving himself plenty of time to prepare and attack at the furthest point from your main army.

I'm a boomer, I like to get my economy running as fast as possible so I can train more units and win. Mythos' strategy seems to be mainly effective due to 0 A.D. buildings being rather strong (in Alpha 8 especially before attack bonuses). He builds so much that it takes ages to do any real damage to his base, giving himself plenty of time to prepare and attack at the furthest point from your main army.

Hopefully soon we'll have capturing so my strategies will be rendered ineffective. :(

So it seems that I am exactly the opposite side of you. I only expand when I'm sure I can defend my territory. I encircle my lands with forts and towers before expanding.

My style is very similar to your style then, I build two fortresses (so I have three available to support my offensive) and some towers for defense. When gates are functional, I will probably encircle my base with walls during the later stages. I am also a big proponent of garrisoning fortresses and towers, which is also how I play Age of Empires II and Galactic Battlegrounds.

Edited by Zeta1127

I really would like to see tech tree implemented :) I will play Rome the most (hence my username) because Rome has always seemed like the coolest civ ever. Honestly, who DOESN'T want an empire lol.

The Roman civilization in part one will actually be the Roman Republic, with the Roman Empire being in part 2.

I'm building a fortress right now, but it doesn't qualify for this. How do you get Iberian walls to not have gaps?

Build them one section at a time, and slide it over so there won't be gaps. This will be fixed when walls are fully implemented

In the meantime, just build and upload.

Build them one section at a time, and slide it over so there won't be gaps. This will be fixed when walls are fully implemented

In the meantime, just build and upload.

Same with Carthaginians Walls & Wall Towers. The towers don't like to be put right next to the walls (needs a small gap to build).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm too methodic, i place buildings aligned with each others and a distance of two squares between them to facilitate troop transiting in my cities. My strategy for defending is to fill all the gaps with melee foot soldiers, archers close to the central building, melee horsies scattering the melee enemies and ranged horsies taking them down. To attack, every melee soldier around the central building to occupy the just-trained units, archers standing ground around the catapults and cavalry taking down any distractions.

• 3 weeks later...