The 10 Minute Challenge

Mythos_Ruler

No it won't. It will delay it but not seriously slow it down. I'm an avid aoe3 (I know...) player and each and every game I rush (attack around 6 minutes). That is pretty fast and I think there will be people able to do the same on 0 ad.

Take current gameplay, now add phases and technology tree. It will slow it down. Depends on what you mean by "seriously." Right now, the game plays like AOE3 post-Imperial Death Match. Compare AOE3 post-Imperial Death Match to AOE3 Supremacy. That's how the difference will be. :)

Take current gameplay, now add phases and technology tree. It will slow it down. Depends on what you mean by "seriously." Right now, the game plays like AOE3 post-Imperial Death Match. Compare AOE3 post-Imperial Death Match to AOE3 Supremacy. That's how the difference will be. :)

hehe I'm very bad at post-imperial death match anyway :P

The reason I think it won't change that much is because I hope the bot will learn to resign when all his units are killed so you don't even have to train siege weapons. :)

Considering that neither barracks, fortresses, nor the ability to build a forward CC are available in the Village phase of gameplay, that alone will slow these times considerably. The victory conditions (and resignation conditions) could be reconsidered to speed up the process of defeating an AI enemy, but defeating an enemy on a large map like Oasis in 8 minutes shouldn't really be possible at all, realistically. :P

Considering that neither barracks, fortresses, nor the ability to build a forward CC are available in the Village phase of gameplay, that alone will slow these times considerably. The victory conditions (and resignation conditions) could be reconsidered to speed up the process of defeating an AI enemy, but defeating an enemy on a large map like Oasis in 8 minutes shouldn't really be possible at all, realistically. :P

Ow, without barracks/fortresses/forward cc it really will be slowed down considerably. I will however try to beat the odds :P

When will phases be added to the game?

yes i guess, its too hard for Programmers do it in time for Alpha 9 Especially if Romans come in these release.

Romans are added by the Art people, so having a new civ doesn't mean that the programmers will have less time. There are other things which most likely will mean that technologies (phases are basically technologies from a development point of view) won't come in Alpha 9 though, especially since there is a person who's supposedly working on implementing them (but he doesn't post too much on the forums/Trac, so it's hard to know if he's still working on it/what's the status).

• 1 month later...

So which is the screenshot button? cause i hit f2, went there and theres no screenshot folder :X

-Edit

yeah, f2 says something at the top, but when i go to that directory, the screenshot folder doesn't exist..

Regardless, i got printscreen to work, so MEH~ [Picture here]

of3kad.jpg

Almost to the top :)

-----------------------------------

New Record

255jjex.jpg

Edited by Kazu Kun

Hmm, as far as I can tell the time in the last post in that thread is just above 7 minutes, Kazu's best one is just above six minutes, so he's at least better than that =) Hopefully the times should start to increase again as qBot gets better though :rolleyes:;)

qBot has actually gotten a little worse since we started this. :) But that will change of course.