Bronze Age

Fionn

What would everyone think of a prequel for the age of lost civilizations, the Bronze Age. Yes, the classic Iron Age civilizations of 0 AD are fascinating, but I think the game would be a great means of bringing these lost civilizations to attention. Here are my ideas for factions.

-Indus Valley Civilization (Dravidians?)

-Minoans

-Hurrians

-Sumerians

-Assyrians

-Babylonians

-Canaanites

-Egyptians

-Aryans/Indo-Iranians (Andronovo culture, Vedic culture)

-Hittites

-Luwians (e.g. Trojans)

-Mycenaeans

Obviously, less centralized/developed cultures like the ancient Berbers, Dravidians and north Europeans could eventually be added in. Having the roster expand eastward into China would be nice, but I am not too familiar with Bronze Age East Asia (Xia? Shang?). The game would very much be based on chariots and runners, and would act out classic Bronze Age scenarios like those of Homer and the Rigveda. Perhaps there could be some sort of race to discover (effective) iron production to win the game or at least a great advantage?

Edited by Fionn

• 4 months later...

I know this is the focus of the original Age of Empires, but more contemporary historians and programmers could do it more accurately and artistically. I love the AOEI, but I still think that a more realistic depiction of the Bronze Age is long overdue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What would everyone think of a prequel for the age of lost civilizations, the Bronze Age. Yes, the classic Iron Age civilizations of 0 AD are fascinating, but I think the game would be a great means of bringing these lost civilizations to attention. Here are my ideas for factions.

-Indus Valley Civilization (Dravidians?)

-Minoans

-Hurrians

-Sumerians

-Assyrians

-Babylonians

-Canaanites

-Egyptians

-Aryans/Indo-Iranians (Andronovo culture, Vedic culture)

-Hittites

-Luwians (e.g. Trojans)

-Mycenaeans

Obviously, less centralized/developed cultures like the ancient Berbers, Dravidians and north Europeans could eventually be added in. Having the roster expand eastward into China would be nice, but I am not too familiar with Bronze Age East Asia (Xia? Shang?). The game would very much be based on chariots and runners, and would act out classic Bronze Age scenarios like those of Homer and the Rigveda. Perhaps there could be some sort of race to discover (effective) iron production to win the game or at least a great advantage?

I would add that the nation of Israel be included in the list. :)

Regards...

Edited by ardvark71

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Want to all community in special to Member can Learn 3D, 2D, Documentation, Social Management, Mod Management, Music, Video Edition, etc.

Join to the Bronze Pack Mod. and work Together, but you don't need fill a Application form, only, what you want do.

You can Join to my Team [Fallen Empires Studio] or do you own Studio, or work as collaborator (if you are not working with main Team).

if have something with your own Creative Commons, donate it if is useful fo some Civilization in the Mod, even we need put a Name to this Project.

Bronze mod pack is a crown-source Mod y all can participate.