0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

9 hours ago, zxphxr said:

Well done

Firstly, you are an archer civ, so you are immune to camel rush. When he comes, just attack-move your archers and you will win this outnumbered fight. Don't chase, just focus on eco. Dance spearman for better effect. 

Secondly, select 5 spearman / pikeman and use them as dedicated house builders. Just keep placing down foundations 1 step ahead so that you never get housed. 

As soon as you have 1 stable down, start training from it. Use autotrain if you can't micro 

1 Fort is enough, and build it close to the new cc to reinforce the expansion. 

Get elephants earlier and go to P3 earlier

Don't mine too much stone that you don't need

Prioritise upgrades over mercenaries if you decide to use cavalry

Don't try to retreat from camels. Stab them with spear cav or snipe with archers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

tysm for the advice @Yekaterina ur the best!

also an amazing community member helped me troubleshoot the replay issue, for some reason the community-mod folder was labeled 'user' instead of 'community-mod' and all i had to do was change the name, now all the replays u sent me are appearing! ill most likely make the first vid tn, i cant wait :)))

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

From the minutes I saw live, they said:

This game makes all the sense in the world.that the capture system is very logical.

Which is a pity about the performance, otherwise it would be perfect.

The sound of the arrows sounds like scissors.(scissors when they cut).

The game is spectacular, everything seems quite enough for a free game.Especially the gameplay details.(Wonders for example with the territorial bonus is a madness).

Always the comparisons to AoM ( the music during a battle) and Rise of Nations(territory system).

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

according to the comments they read from the live, I guess the original livestream is on Twitch.

a lot of Spanish speaking people asking if 0 AD is still alive because of the number of years the project has been going on.

@Stan` We must be stay alert to explain that we are still alive.

-----

they were asking the new game update. They noted the date of the release.

Most comments are noobs. They explain how to be more efficient with granaries.

they complain a bit how the game drops the FPS and the lag.(lack of fluency)

2 hours ago, Stan` said:

@Lion.Kanzen Nice to see some new videos. Well there hasn't been much activity since the Vulkan announcement, so I did not have much to spread on Social Media.

Only two things right now would be to advertise the current polls for the name of the next Alpha and the community mod.

the problem was a24 many YTubers stopped playing 0 AD and the Spanish community for example thought the game was dead.

It was a long development time that gave that wrong impression.

5 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Because the Alpha was bad, or because it took two years to come out?

The impression I have is that people are informed by Youtubers specialized in the genre,like Mayorcete, Fede(HerrKarkavelot) , Sergiu (Thehelldragoonhq), GamerZakh and many more In those years of A23-A24 they put the game aside, their channels try to bring novelties or established games.

GamerZakh said he would bring back 0 AD until beta stage.

When they don't show in their streamings new versions of 0 AD, and in the news media (for example Xataka and Vida Extra) about indie games they don't bring them the public seems to forget about the game.

And it's not until they bring it back that people remember and since it's been years, they think the project is dead.

It seems that this niche doesn't follow our social networks.

The gameplay doesn't seem bad but the performance is the only thing that pushes them away a bit.

For others it seems to be the new features. If I'm not mistaken, this is from people who test the games every 2 versions to notice the changes..

If you go to read the comments, there are many congratulating the game and others saying that they thought the game was dead and that they had played A18 for the last time.

Check this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xataka.com/videojuegos/hay-age-of-empires-codigo-abierto-todo-pronostico-lleva-veinte-anos-version-alpha/amp

Screenshot_20230226-121223.png.2e00815c5f901e119c0eae32d1da9a24.png

""I have known this game for years, and it is one of my great open source favorites, and I have seen how it has been evolving in all aspects.

When will it stop being an Alpha? I think they don't even know, although the truth is that it doesn't even seem to be one anymore, you can only tell by the lack of a story mode.

While at least a stable one arrives, even if it is a Beta, let's keep enjoying this great game.""

6 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The impression I have is that people are informed by Youtubers specialized in the genre,like Mayorcete, Fede(HerrKarkavelot) , Sergiu (Thehelldragoonhq), GamerZakh and many more In those years of A23-A24 they put the game aside, their channels try to bring novelties or established games.

GamerZakh said he would bring back 0 AD until beta stage.

When they don't show in their streamings new versions of 0 AD, and in the news media (for example Xataka and Vida Extra) about indie games they don't bring them the public seems to forget about the game.

And it's not until they bring it back that people remember and since it's been years, they think the project is dead.

It seems that this niche doesn't follow our social networks.

The gameplay doesn't seem bad but the performance is the only thing that pushes them away a bit.

For others it seems to be the new features. If I'm not mistaken, this is from people who test the games every 2 versions to notice the changes..

If you go to read the comments, there are many congratulating the game and others saying that they thought the game was dead and that they had played A18 for the last time.

Check this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xataka.com/videojuegos/hay-age-of-empires-codigo-abierto-todo-pronostico-lleva-veinte-anos-version-alpha/amp

Screenshot_20230226-121223.png.2e00815c5f901e119c0eae32d1da9a24.png

""I have known this game for years, and it is one of my great open source favorites, and I have seen how it has been evolving in all aspects.

When will it stop being an Alpha? I think they don't even know, although the truth is that it doesn't even seem to be one anymore, you can only tell by the lack of a story mode.

While at least a stable one arrives, even if it is a Beta, let's keep enjoying this great game.""

Being aware of the potential of our game, Mayorcete has urged others to spread the fame of the game.

I uploaded it recently... in case you haven't seen it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I wish MAYORCETE would play nicer looking maps. lol

Yes

The issue is, the popular people on Youtube are all noobs at this game. They are just showing how they play against the AI, which is very slow and unexciting, since they just slowly train a few units or build or few buildings. A lot of time is idle and there is 0 action for 20 minutes, by which time most audiences would be bored and clicked away.

If they can make videos of intense lobby matches, that would attract more attention. Or at least boom faster and get into action quicker. In Mayorcete's video, his army stood next to a catapult doing nothing for a few minutes. Most real people would have finished off the AI by this time already with a large infantry push and a few siege, and we didn't get to see large scale battles like that in his video, not even cavs!

So we need more people like Valihrant and people who can get many subscribers / views. 

It's sad how the most viewed video on my channel is a national anthem and not any of the 0AD videos...

12 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

If they can make videos of intense lobby matches, that would attract more attention. Or at least boom faster and get into action quicker. In Mayorcete's video

Plus he didn't know how to cancel the formation.

Mayorcete is only decent in AoE III, always misses in 9 A.D and must sometimes play to his more experienced audience.

When he speech loses a lot of attention.

15 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

So we need more people like Valihrant and people who can get many subscribers / views. 

The problem is that it must be entertaining and have many subscribers.

To have many visits you must have varied content.

The reason that Mayorcete has so many visits is that it has social networks, several channels including anime, speaks well and works well.

Mayorcete's best game was against subscribers.