0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

topic where we can dump all of the noteworthy videos of 0 A.D. There have been other threads like this before, but I'm sticking this one (as long as no icons can be used on the other one. its buggy). http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/victory.gif

This week, I found:

Edited by seeh

this is very weird. now here i get the same message also. strange.
Summary:

answering with a heart or other icons works in all boards, just not in these two that have something to do with youtube. (on one board for about a year)

Screenshot_20221003_123209.png

Edited by seeh

22 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:
23 hours ago, Obelix said:

I don't understand why the original thread doesn't suffice. Would you please offer some arguments?

He said he has a bug and can't give likes(reactions).

Well ... yes. seeh said so in brakets. But it wasn't transparent resp. clear to me until their last comments, that this is kind of a test thread.

1 hour ago, Stan` said:

I just did some further investigation and it really seem to be related to the client you are using.

i have sendet to this a <3 :partytime:

was posible with other client. its Firefox again but from different source. first i have disabled all plugins, that not helped.

then i was downloading from here https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/download firefox-105.0.1.tar.bz2

now its possible . OMG

Edited by seeh

13 hours ago, Stan` said:

Glad you figured it out. Can I merge this with the other one?

yes and thanks. In this FF i using now (download) i found the reason (a little icon gave hint only at forum every pages with youtube content):

"Some parts of this page are not secure, such as images." What counts as insecure?
"What this generally means is that the developer of the web page is combining HTTP-based URLs with HTTPS-based URLs in the same page. The URLs could be for images as well as JavaScript, CSS, or anything else that can be referenced from a web page.  ....

As a user, there's not much you can do about this -- it's a warning that there is a possibility that your data could be delivered to other servers in an open, unencrypted manner over the Internet. This is a Bad Thing, but you can't do much except avoid that site, or contact the support or webmaster for the site.

If you're the developer, most of the time you can use a scheme-relative URLs when referencing images or javascript, etc.
" (Q: https://stackoverflow.com/a/34273381 )

the other was/is probably ungoogled-firefox (Librefox)

Edited by seeh