0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

29 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

I am also intrigued why the AI does this, is this an intended part of gameplay? Can't delete/demolish function be disabled when enemy units are in a certain distance?

AI does it to prevent capture so that buildings are not donated to the enemy.  I think it's a good feature.  

Though, wherever possible, I think AI should prioritize garrisoning to prevent capture.

31 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

I am also intrigued why the AI does this, is this an intended part of gameplay? Can't delete/demolish function be disabled when enemy units are in a certain distance?

the AI destroys its own buildings. This happens when you start losing them when territory is captured.

I don't like that mechanic like that. It doesn't look immersive.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Dizaka said:

AI does it to prevent capture so that buildings are not donated to the enemy.  I think it's a good feature.  

Though, wherever possible, I think AI should prioritize garrisoning to prevent capture.

I see so it was a gameplay feature, it is a little odd to witness though, maybe it can be improved or explored more in the future.

• Like 2

On 27/01/2022 at 5:47 AM, wackyserious said:

I see so it was a gameplay feature, it is a little odd to witness though, maybe it can be improved or explored more in the future.

I agree. To me it looks like an accidental loophole, more than a feature designed this way.

In either case, I agree is weird.

I'm starting to think that it would be preferable also for the AI to actually damage buildings with rams and units instead of resorting to capture + demolish.

Or maybe it could be necessary to add some limitation to the demolish feature.

Edited by Radiotraining
  • Like 1