0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

I saw @mysticjim scheduled a 1v1 youtube upload for early christmas on 9:00 GMT.

If you can't beat someone in terms of quality, you can always go for quantity. So I uploaded 3 games scheduled for 11:00 GMT. If you happen to be awake before MysticJims video ends, you can wake up your partner and kids and tell them 0AD is a great game which is worth their time.

Edited by LetswaveaBook
I wanted to upload the file, but due to a missing file extension (.mp4) it wouldn't upload. So I had to add the extension and start a new upload. This gives another link. Edit2: the reuploading messed with the scheduling, which is not 11:00 GMT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Merry Christmas y'all! I got presents, and I totally don't got Covid - PCR test result finally turned up this morning, and have Xmas day Borg match for you. Life, for now, is good.

And please spare a thought for @LetswaveaBook - he fared better than most of us would! And see previous post above, he's got more games uploaded as well, check them out (after you've watched mine, of course!) :) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LetswaveaBook said:

Edit2: the reuploading messed with the scheduling, which is not 11:00 GMT

I totally messed up, I meant to say now instead of not. Also, the wrong date was selected so it would premiere tomorrow instead of today.

I decided just to make it public. I didn't really get the big benefit of using the premiere function on youtube for me. I could understand why it might generate some extra hype and attention for bigger channels, but for me there is no reason to let people wait.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2021 at 11:45 AM, LetswaveaBook said:

I decided just to make it public. I didn't really get the big benefit of using the premiere function on youtube for me. I could understand why it might generate some extra hype and attention for bigger channels, but for me there is no reason to let people wait.

There are a couple of advantages. Your subscribers who have clicked the Bell icon for notifications get a notification as soon as it's uploaded and scheduled and you can post links to the premiere holding screen on forums like this in advance - useful if you don't get chance to advertise the video at the time of release. Although be very wary of doing that on Reddit - people get funny about being sent to a premiere screen instead of the full video! 

I played a 1v1 game against vinme and I would like to share it with those who might not play 1v1s frequently. It was a very fun game to play, but I can't guarantee it also leads to a good commentary. Mercenary cavalry gets a lot of hate on the balance side of things, but it also has a chance to make games more interesting. I hope that when you see this game you would wish A26 not to be just a boom game. #horsesneedlove

Btw, after viewing the video of @mysticjim, I was in the mood for making a tumbnail for youtube.

2021-12-27_0002.zip

• Like 2