0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

Greetings and happy Sunday :) 

So, last Sunday - just before I went off on holiday, I was joined by @Player of 0AD on a live recording of a 0AD match. This was something of an experiment with my regular commentary plus a guest on the show. 

Massive thanks to the players who took part, it's a shame it wasn't quite the sprawling epic game we'd probably all have hoped for (darn those merc cav!) but as a proof of concept it worked. And Massive thanks to @Player of 0AD- good job, dude, we'll set up another in due course :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I had some games that I did not want to analyze in full, but I liked to show some things about them. On youtube we see a #shorts for some highlights and I thought that such a thing would be nice for those who do not want to spend 20 or more minutes to watch a game. So I have done some video emitting and got this. I think this format is nice to show some tricks that you can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 17/10/2021 at 6:57 AM, alre said:

surprising (to me at least) how @Dizaka was using autoqueue for making women in the cc at the start of the game.

I'm super-bowtech!

Note also that I have 2 women in the queue sequentially and not just 1 woman as one of the devs mentioned there is a .2sec loss in production due to queuing.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Dizaka said:

Note also that I have 2 women in the queue sequentially and not just 1 woman as one of the devs mentioned there is a .2sec loss in production due to queuing.

there is not, unless you autoqueue batches. There is a thread somewhere discussing that.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Dizaka said:

@alre check @hyperion msg about 0.2s pause for adding to effective queue.  Hyperion discusses it in 1st post.  That's the reason why I do 1+1 queueing vs just 1, especially early on.

hiperion was wrong, keep reading. I and weirdjokes were making tests, and freagarach explained the results.

• Like 1

@mysticjimits a pretty nice surprise to watch myself in one of your videos!. I agree noferatius (the unpronunciable bloody name lol xD) was the MVP. He saved Akazid from the counter attack and carry on the pressure in left side.
Really good and important work to let more ppl know the game, discussing games and teaching the basics. I've learned good advices and tricks watching your videos.

Cheers!

• Like 2