0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

On 11/05/2021 at 2:44 AM, nani said:

Some random new 0ad channels I saw.

The last one looks to give a nice overview of alpha 24

Yes, familiar with most of those - looking to retweet and share a few  on the Social media platforms shortly, especially that last one - I've had contact with him in the context of my Youtube channel, he's really sound guy and is pretty taken with 0AD.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

It was very interesting.

I know, right :) It wasn;t intentional, but the player on the losing side is featuring in next weeks Midweek Duel (through a bizarre twist of scheduling fate!) - if you found this one interesting, next weeks episode probably gives a bit of context into how this particular game went down. 

18 minutes ago, mysticjim said:

I know, right :) It wasn;t intentional, but the player on the losing side is featuring in next weeks Midweek Duel (through a bizarre twist of scheduling fate!) - if you found this one interesting, next weeks episode probably gives a bit of context into how this particular game went down. 

I want see turtling- Booming strategies. We are talking this  gameplay forum.

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

Yeah the discussion with them was not productive. Basically every youtube has to make a report to them saying it's a valid game... They didn't seem to be able to help' @mysticjim

Yes, this is still problem and a real bugbear. So far, I've raised it with Youtube directly via the help/feedback form provided on the site - however, I would add this was using my personal account as I wasn't, at that time, officially acting in any capacity for 0AD - purely I was raising the issue as a 0AD related content creator.

I got no response and nothing changed so I next raised it on the official Youtube sub/r - who pointed me at the Youtube Twitter. I raised it on the Youtube Twitter, by that time using the official 0AD account, and was pointed right back toward the help/feedback form on Youtube! 

@Stan` - The one thing we haven't done (to my knowledge) is raise it with Youtube on the feeback form using the Official 0AD Youtube Account. I've not got the keys for that as I'm not currently producing content for the official channel. 

I'd recommend referencing the 0AD Wikipedia entry, and possibly making a few updates on the page to show recent activity.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Only half-kidding here, but could this be part of our marketing strategy? Choosing thematically relevant AAA titles in the game browser so that those fans may inadvertently click on and watch a 0 A.D. video? :) 

It sort of is a valid tactic already in use quite commonly. I use various hashtags in my videos relating to AOE, C&C and Starcraft - essentially anything in the meta data that can associate what your doing with something else that's in the same wheelhouse - so in my case, some of the most well known RTS games. 

In this case, however, I don't think anything would be more beneficial than 0AD actually being reinstated on Youtube's game list. It does provide a way of grouping content into more valid search results. While it's good if someone inadvertently discovers 0AD whilst searching for something else, it is absolutely critical that if someone searches for 0AD that for the most part, they are served with 0AD content. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mysticjim said:

In this case, however, I don't think anything would be more beneficial than 0AD actually being reinstated on Youtube's game list. It does provide a way of grouping content into more valid search results. While it's good if someone inadvertently discovers 0AD whilst searching for something else, it is absolutely critical that if someone searches for 0AD that for the most part, they are served with 0AD content. 

Agreed, and with 0 being the first alphanumeric of the title, the game is almost always at the top of any list.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Agreed, and with 0 being the first alphanumeric of the title, the game is almost always at the top of any list.

You're not wrong there! 

https://www.reddit.com/r/RealTimeStrategy/

Got 0AD added to the related communities and on their list of recommended games, naturally at the top :) 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2021 at 9:52 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yes, I discovered 0AD through Homebrew casks, was and still is the one at the top of the list. There is also this YouTuber with a tier list of RTS games, the first one he starts with is 0AD.

Best RTS Games of ALL Time! by BeastyqtSC2 (14/Dec/20)

rts_0ad_youtube.thumb.jpg.5881043998e1f474023cd48410b5d616.jpg

• Like 3