0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

On 20/12/2020 at 4:04 AM, Stan` said:

Show off :P

Would be nice to see that map with those textures :)

Here you go.

Spoiler

B73Vh4L.pngwWsFzNg.png

I didn't really move many assets, except the badly placed grass actors. I also replaced the stone and metal mines with DE ones. I can see the designer of the map has taken to heart my suggestions for mountain shapes (almost fractal). I can see many opportunities for improvement on the map, such as: Forests and stone mines should cluster around the base of the mountains and goats, sheep, deer, wolves, and bears should all be relatively abundant, being quite a mountainous and forested area.

Example of trees clustered around the mountain:

Spoiler

FumoCW3.pngtrFkEXW.pngZaWZZ6V.png

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, mysticjim said:

More 4v4 action to feast on! Happy Sunday!

I am very, very busy and doing two games a week is proving to be impractical at the moment ...

:crybaby:

But the Sunday games, it's an unbroken run of Sunday games since the very first episode, those will continue. I will do midweek games whenever I can. 

:clap: 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Langbart said:

:crybaby:

:clap: 

That's not to say there won't be midweek games ever again, but it was hectic this week with a full house. I managed to work it to have three whole weeks off over the Christmas period, the final week - this week just gone I was supposed to be on my own, and would have done commentaries for about the next four weeks plus a tutorial and two Mods videos. Instead, I have my son staying with for all of the lockdown, likewise my partner, my washing machine died and spent the week trying to relentlessly flood my kitchen - and next week I've got to find out how working from home and simultaneous home schooling of a ten year old works!!!!!!!!!! But there should always be some Sunday content, promise :)  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I'm fond of the idea and I'm really happy @badosu went for it but I'm not really fond of the visuals (it looks like a debug /cheating console to me) Also can it be turned off ?

Sorry, I meant the interface in the top left. It looks like the overlay in the bottom right is superfluous? I'm not sure if the info they portray overlaps. Just saying I like the stuff in the upper left. Please excuse me if it's already been committed. I haven't run in spec mode for a long while.

I haven't spoken to @badosuabout his spec mod for a few weeks - but the upper left section is the bit I really appreciate in terms of displaying clear visuals for the viewer in replays, and ease of reading for me when I'm doing commentary. I still use the FGOD overlay but it's much harder to read.

The production section - in the version I have, is still a WIP. I believe Badosu has plans for a much more integrated GUI replacement idea with a lot more matching visuals. The aim of it has always been to show the data of what each players are doing at a given time. You can easily see their build orders and see who is ramping up production, or who is falling behind, etc. From a commentators perspective, it's pretty useful. I find it really handy from a training perspective as well - you can properly analyse what a really good player is doing - where they are finding or utilising time better than an opponent.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sarcoma said:

It is turned on and off with Space+Ctrl or Ctrl-Space.

Thanks, for the hint. I knew only the command to cycle through "Production", "Units" and "Tech" by pressing Shift+space. I found the unit panel to be particularly helpful, allowing you to quickly see which specific soldiers your opponent chose to deploy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stan` said:

Isn't the new hotkey editor enough?

I keep getting this warning when booting the game, in both EA and DE:

WARNING: Hotkey mapping used invalid key 'unused'