0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

On 3/27/2019 at 9:31 PM, coworotel said:

For the German speakers:

I think they are making some kind of analysis, but I don't understand a word :P

Yes, they are making some kind of analysis. (You can turn on CC and get it auto-translated.)

The video was made for a university course 'Archäogaming - concepts of the past in computer and video games'. Obviously they are not very experienced with the game, and a lot of the video is about basic gameplay (create units, collect resources, construct buildings...). They like the number of civs, and that people who want it get additional info about them in the game. They think the names for the civs are a bit funny, e.g. they don't like that there's only Athenians but no Greeks as such. They also don't like that you can build the acropolis anywhere and not only at the highest point of the city, and agreed that building on hills like here might not be that typical for Romans (not sure if they got the part about different maps...).

tl;dr: some folks talked about 0AD in university, the two girls that made this vid generally liked the game, but there's not too much of any analysis in this vid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Stan` said:

Ugh, that preview image is ugly...

Those trees too. Perhaps if we can get @LordGood to revamp the existing trees we can work on making the terrains better and then maybe someone like @elexis can help revamp the random maps. There's so much better content in the game now, these maps need to be updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LordGood said:

Those are almost all old oaks, could be as simple as replacing them with the new oaks?

Might. 

8 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

to revamp the existing trees we can work on making the terrains better

I really should get back to improving them in Substance Designer, but I'm always getting sidetracked by other stuff...

6 minutes ago, LordGood said:

Those are almost all old oaks, could be as simple as replacing them with the new oaks?

Right, the game needs to phase out all those old oak tree refs from the maps. I don't know how to do that in the map scripts (though maybe some simple replace commands in Notpadd++ could work), but perhaps I can do it for you in the Scenario and Skirm maps. 

• Like 2

sorry if I waste time seeing the art or gameplay aspects. but i like see the beauty the actual game is. and thinking how is working the mod. I have w crash after several clicks in middle of battle.

the OBS records the game very weird.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 2

I remember that I first played this game back when the Maurya faction was still being developed. I often visit the game website to read updates back then and have not yet joined the forums. I remember reading an update about the new round houses for the Britons and that made me very excited. Time goes by really fast, I think  I joined the forums back in 2013 and just a few months I was into modding the game graphics with the help of Niek and Stan my fellows from CoM. I could still remember my first match against the AI, it was on Cycladic Archipelago with two other AIs against each other and I was amazed with the variety of fauna on that map and the ships too. This video was very nostalgic. :)

• Like 2

• Silier featured this topic