0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

I noticed that it doesn't work sometimes, but I haven't yet tried figuring out why.

It's crucial to use the "Paste as plain text" option and not the simple "Paste" option. The Paste option will create a hyperlink, while the Paste as plain text option will not create a hyperlink and the forum software will correctly parse the url as a media/Youtube link.

• 2 weeks later...

Spanish speakers translate this gentleman's opinions for us? :)

He says it's so early stage that you can't choose civilization. He don't know that that's changed in random. He says that the AI is not good, he don't like that there's no tutorial. Not very good comments, but he recommends download it. Awful review.
  • Like 1

Playing 0AD.

This guy is very funny and charismatic to talk.

To this point i willl traduce all important feedback of he say:

He start saying: welcome, we are playing 0ad, a free game, the gaming is designed by a guys, only receive a payment trouthg donations.

we are in alpha 13 . Now we play a match, this are more stable than other releases, but is not totally, yet.

He says, about Mauryan the are the new faction. He take random map, he takes random map because, he likes choose own options.

He says this game is similar to AEO but better but the historical background, he likes Anatolian plateau, and take 2 player, because the lag problem.(1:53)

This game, is awesome, he say:I love it, but is not finish, is not complete playable, with more than 2 players.(2:20) and the maps with great among of water. (Naval).

He talk about knew optimization problems.

He talk about civ, soldiers, he talks about female bonus working with men, that I thinks is curious bonus, that he said. (3:56).

The Persian have a weaker infantry, I must contruct walls to avoid been defeated easily, for now.(4:05)

In alpha 13 are many features that I liked, implemented new tech. Chose between research pairs of technology, an example is upgrade swords or upgrade the arrows. For Persian, the best is improve the arrows, the have better range unit. Especially to horse ranged.

Anatolian plateau lacks, of sources, all faction have bonus, but that bonus carries a little disadvantage/ handicap. For example Persian architecture, give more hit points to the buildings but are more slower to build. Iberians have great walls, but lacks of siege units.(8:00).

The game when will properly optimizated, will be great delightful to play.

The different between each civilization is very amazing, even each villager are unique, the developers can take the best of AOE 1, AOE 2, AOM, and the best of AOE 3. This guys are fanatic of AOE saga. The game is carefully thought out. (9:19)

When is already to attack they send a massive force to do. (He use a very strong language to say that XD ). The narrate all he do. They love the turrets. He link in YouTube the page to download, and say, you can finding in google. This the best indie game so far. Complete play free game, very awesome.

He is curious to know is the game in final developing phase, will do for sale. (He can believe is for free). The game is very professional, the own web page, the music. All is excellent. Is very complete game, in all areas. He don't think how can improved the gameplay, he said, the players, only can request more factions because, I don't know how, improved the gameplay. Actually is better that each Game of AOE saga.(12:21).

(12:30-13:22) he say all he do. They talk about he wil do.

He talk about his mistakes, and the advantage of turrets. But is more expensive. He care of food XD.(19:21).

This game

have more balanced between source materials for build, for example wood and stone, is better than AOE.

He know the disanventage of play Persian against Macedonian. He is worry for wood. And he end the video talking about building and the bonus.

I Enjoy seeing an Traducing this positive review, sorry if i was long but, very useful feedback.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

"Gameplay!"

Suggestion: We offer "Spanish" versions of official WFG videos with this gentleman's voice narrating for Spanish-speaking audiences.

EDIT: My God, I wish I spoke Spanish so I could understand his epicness! ;)

lol I'm glad you liked it. I'll make more videos of this game every new version comes out. I'm specially looking forward to the AI pathing optimisation ir order to have 0 A.D. being totally fluid

^I can see territory border issues in the above video. Hmm. I think a blob of territory without a building in it should probably not exist (see red's territory blobbing beyond blue's walls and flashing because the blobs are separated from red's territory). I know why it's happening, so it's not a bug per se, but it's probably something we should look at changing.

^I can see territory border issues in the above video. Hmm. I think a blob of territory without a building in it should probably not exist (see red's territory blobbing beyond blue's walls and flashing because the blobs are separated from red's territory). I know why it's happening, so it's not a bug per se, but it's probably something we should look at changing.

I don't think the territory border issue is a real issue. For me, it looks like a real battle for the territory (which 0AD is). Also it's an annoyance for the blue player because he can't build there. It's like a punishment for getting too close to the red player without defeating that CC. Anyway, I like that.

There are other bugs with the border though (mostly rendering). Look at the screenshot

post-15092-0-85740300-1366019365_thumb.p

I don't think the territory border issue is a real issue. For me, it looks like a real battle for the territory (which 0AD is). Also it's an annoyance for the blue player because he can't build there. It's like a punishment for getting too close to the red player without defeating that CC. Anyway, I like that.

There are other bugs with the border though (mostly rendering). Look at the screenshot

I agree

By the way. Here you have the last part of my game with the persians ;)

Ehhh, disagree. I think it quite frankly looks ugly. lol. But we'll just have to see what we spend time on fixing and what we don't.

Yeah, things like that are icky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Silier featured this topic