This guy is a little bit confused :lol:

But he can laugh about himself like I could :P

I'm out of breath x)

The player is maybe not the highest competence regarding RTS games ^^

I didn't watch the hole video but some things he stated:

- He wants a map preview for scenarios

- He found it unusual that the basic citizens can't build barracks

- He thinks hunting has to be made easier

i think the engine of 0 A.D. is better than AOM? or it will eventually be better ;) ?!

the italian guy speaks out of my heart. i can feel warmth in my stomach when i remember the time i learned about 0 A.D. ... there were times i wished exactly that: an AOE IV (a realistic one, rather like AOK) which depicts the ancient world again...

thankyou wildfire games ;)

i think the engine of 0 A.D. is better than AOM? or it will eventually be better ;) ?!

the italian guy speaks out of my heart. i can feel warmth in my stomach when i remember the time i learned about 0 A.D. ... there were times i wished exactly that: an AOE IV (a realistic one, rather like AOK) which depicts the ancient world again...

thankyou wildfire games ;)

You're welcome :) (Though we're definitely not finished yet, so save part of the thank you ;) )

I don't think it's as easy as one is better than the other, we definitely hope that Pyrogenesis (the 0 A.D. engine) will be better than AOMs, and in some ways I'm sure it is already. The AOM engine is likely to always be better than Pyrogenesis in some ways, and there are many things which probably can't be compared as the games/engines aren't doing the same things. For now I think there definitely are some areas left where the AOM engine is better than our (performance wise if nothing else ;) ).

Lessons of WAr, a Argentinian / Uruguayan guy in his tutorial try to beat Qbot after defeat Demo and Qbot, but he has been defeated, he admit are very slow player for 0 ad. he try build a Cavalry light bassed army. despite to lose the match he do a reflection about hes mistakes, he tells every event in game, and he try attack but he was counter attacked and he no build a solid defence, but he say qbot are great and is a superior AI are impressive. he dont figured in any moment the among of soldeirs that qbot send to attack. he use the Houses how a kind of defense(wall). he tell about he is not a match for Qbot yet. he are learning lessons. Qbot destroy his civilians and qbot sending more soldiers and he dont know what to do, he despaired and lost,

HAHA, thanks! I like to see these kinds of run-downs on what's going on in the player's head.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

qBot has surprised me a few times since we implemented Phases, but 99% of the time I defeat qBot handily. lol I'm actually starting to wish it would cheat a little more (gets free tech upgrades at predetermined times, etc.).

I'd like the AIs to be implemented without cheating as far as possible before adding cheating ones for better players ;) . The non cheating ones could be OK for medium difficulty if done well.

I'd like the AIs to be implemented without cheating as far as possible before adding cheating ones for better players ;) . The non cheating ones could be OK for medium difficulty if done well.

My thinking is we should add Hard difficulty cheating AIs as soon as possible (even if the difference between the non-cheating bot is just a resource multiplier). Otherwise users will start looking for a challenge elsewhere.

My thinking is we should add Hard difficulty cheating AIs as soon as possible (even if the difference between the non-cheating bot is just a resource multiplier). Otherwise users will start looking for a challenge elsewhere.

I agree as far as the non-cheating AI is kept the main developed bot.

• Silier featured this topic