The ALPHA 8 PREVIEW thread!

fabio

By the way I'd definitely push back the Alpha 8 deadline a bit if I were you guys... A lot of promising features like trade, attack move, gather points on resources etc. have just been postponed, and Philip won't be able to finish his pathfinding stuff in time either. If you allow for an additional month or so this could have a way bigger impact? Just my two cents.

The deadline has already been pushed back, I think it is worth releasing so that we keep a fairly regular schedule. Otherwise there is always just one more feature waiting to be merged and releases become less frequent. Pathfinding is a big task so if it was put into this release then it would only be partially complete anyway, so it isn't worth delaying too much to have a partially improved solution with an increased chance of bugs in the new code. Attack move isn't going to be completed in the immediate future either. There are some significant features coming as it is.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Immortals can mount their horses, right? So they'll have 2 mode: infantry and cavalry?

No. No unit has such "modes." Besides, within the time frame of the Persian faction we are portraying (5th century), the Immortals were primarily an infantry regiment. Later on in the 4th century there were various other elite regiments, some infantry, some cavalry (Attendants, King's Companions, Apple Bearers, Spear Bearers, et. al.).

The Cardaces are a 4th century unit I threw in there as an Easter Egg unit, only trainable from a special scenario-only structure.

No. No unit has such "modes." Besides, within the time frame of the Persian faction we are portraying (5th century), the Immortals were primarily an infantry regiment. Later on in the 4th century there were various other elite regiments, some infantry, some cavalry (Attendants, King's Companions, Apple Bearers, Spear Bearers, et. al.).

The Cardaces are a 4th century unit I threw in there as an Easter Egg unit, only trainable from a special scenario-only structure.

aah, so the cardaces would be kind of like the black robes or specifically german units from empire earth?