Can student who knows Maya 2011 contribute?

Shamats

Hi Friends,

I am new to this community.I know Autodesk Maya 2011 and ColladaMaya.In Maya,my specialization is Rigging and Animation.

I want to know with this Maya Knowledge,Can I contribute to the project?....

Can anyone please let me know.

Thanks for the time.

---Shama

Hi Friends,

I am new to this community.I know Autodesk Maya 2011 and ColladaMaya.In Maya,my specialization is Rigging and Animation.

I want to know with this Maya Knowledge,Can I contribute to the project?....

Can anyone please let me know.

Thanks for the time.

---Shama

If you can export .dae files from Maya (and I'm pretty sure you can), you most certainly could use Maya. Setting up a bone/skeleton structure in Maya and replicating it in the skeleton.xml file is certainly doable. I would recommend some simple rigs to test an export and animation before you invest to much time, but I'm pretty sure any bugs could be worked out.

Can i know like how many hours one has to dedicate working?....

It's kind of variable. I'd rather think in terms of progress rather than hours. It would be great if a team member could get at least 1 thing done per week. If that kind of progress is maintained, then that is good. Personally, I spend about 12 hours per week doing stuff for 0 A.D. or replying to forums. But I do much more than work on art. :) Usually though, it has been my experience that you need uninterrupted sessions of at least a couple of hours per session to get something done. Do a few of those sessions per week and you're getting somewhere. :) So, then probably anywhere between 4 and 8 hours per week.