Unable tu install/build in debian squeeze

GloW

Hi

Since there is no release for Debian here, i'm trying to build the game.

So i followed debian instruction here, but i get :

root@GloW:/home/glow# sudo apt-get install subversion build-essential cmake libsdl1.2-dev zlib1g-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg62-dev libgamin-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libboost-dev libboost-signals-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libopenal-dev libalut-dev libvorbis-dev libogg-dev libxml2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev zip libenet-dev
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances
Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
build-essential est déjà la plus récente version disponible.
cmake est déjà la plus récente version disponible.
subversion est déjà la plus récente version disponible.
zip est déjà la plus récente version disponible.
Certains paquets ne peuvent être installés. Ceci peut signifier
que vous avez demandé l'impossible, ou bien, si vous utilisez
la distribution unstable, que certains paquets n'ont pas encore
été créés ou ne sont pas sortis d'Incoming.
L'information suivante devrait vous aider à résoudre la situation :

Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
libcurl4-gnutls-dev : Dépend: libcurl3-gnutls (= 7.21.0-1) mais 7.21.0-2 devra être installé
Dépend: libgnutls-dev mais ne sera pas installé
libpng12-dev : Dépend: libpng12-0 (= 1.2.44-1) mais 1.2.44-1+squeeze1 devra être installé
libsdl1.2-dev : Dépend: libasound2-dev mais ne sera pas installé
Dépend: libartsc0-dev mais ne sera pas installé
Dépend: libpulse-dev mais ne sera pas installé
Dépend: libdirectfb-dev (>= 0.9.22) mais ne sera pas installé
E: Paquets défectueux

Sorry for french version, a quick translation of the last part is :

The folowing packages contain unsatifacted dependencies :
libcurl4-gnutls-dev : Depend: libcurl3-gnutls (= 7.21.0-1) but 7.21.0-2 is installed
Dépend: libgnutls-dev but will not be installed
libpng12-dev : Dépend: libpng12-0 (= 1.2.44-1) but 1.2.44-1+squeeze1 is installed
libsdl1.2-dev : Dépend: libasound2-dev will not be installed
Dépend: libartsc0-dev will not be installed
Dépend: libpulse-dev will not be installed
Dépend: libdirectfb-dev (>= 0.9.22) will not be installed
E: Defectuous packages

I guess it's because i'm in squeeze, not in testing and all packages are not available, do you know anyway i can build and play 0AD?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Glow,

I'm in the same state, needing to build the game.

I had some same problems with some dependencies unsatisfied ! In fact, I just installed manually all of them, and it worked well.

But now, as I followed this at first, then these instructions (for Debian/Ubuntu) everything seemed to be good until I noticed that I was unable to test what I did because there is no test file in the directory /home/usr-name/0ad/binaries/system and moreover, I'm not abble at all to launch the game as shown in the instructions, because there is no such a file /home/christophe/0ad/binaries/system/pyrogenesis.

I have no idea how to do now !

If some of you could help !

Thanks a lot.

crissc

Hi Glow,

I'm in the same state, needing to build the game.

I had some same problems with some dependencies unsatisfied ! In fact, I just installed manually all of them, and it worked well.

But now, as I followed this at first, then these instructions (for Debian/Ubuntu) everything seemed to be good until I noticed that I was unable to test what I did because there is no test file in the directory /home/usr-name/0ad/binaries/system and moreover, I'm not abble at all to launch the game as shown in the instructions, because there is no such a file /home/christophe/0ad/binaries/system/pyrogenesis.

I have no idea how to do now !

If some of you could help !

Thanks a lot.

crissc

That means the build failed, check the output for error messages and post them here.

Hello historic_bruno,

I'm afraid I do not know how to post report and error logs ! I don't know how to get them !

During the building procedure I had to copy the directory libraries from the uncompressing dir used to uncompress 0ad-r10288-alpha-unix-build.tar.gz and 0ad-r10288-alpha-unix-data.tar.gz to the final 0ad dir (libraries wasn't created while the soft was built).

Something else seems really strange, there are some files with extention .exe (like in MS Windows) ! pyrogenesis.exe is one of them.

Thanks for your help

crissc

By the way, I'm french, and not really sure with my english ! :)

Hello historic_bruno,

I'm afraid I do not know how to post report and error logs ! I don't know how to get them !

During the building procedure I had to copy the directory libraries from the uncompressing dir used to uncompress 0ad-r10288-alpha-unix-build.tar.gz and 0ad-r10288-alpha-unix-data.tar.gz to the final 0ad dir (libraries wasn't created while the soft was built).

Something else seems really strange, there are some files with extention .exe (like in MS Windows) ! pyrogenesis.exe is one of them.

Thanks for your help

crissc

By the way, I'm french, and not really sure with my english ! :)

The .exes etc are included in the SVN to help developers and others who aren't able to compile :) So no reason to worry about them.

Hello historic_bruno,

When you follow the steps here, first you'll want to make sure ./update-workspaces.sh finishes with no errors (it's finished when premake generates the gcc and codeblocks workspaces). Then after you run the make command, it should finish with no errors (it will say "linking pyrogenesis ... linking test". If it doesn't finish, then run make again and you should see errors (using the "-j" option means it will build several things at once, not in order, and you may not see it finish with an error, but the build process stops early). You can usually select the error text in the terminal window, right-click and choose copy, then paste it here in your reply.

Je parle un peu du francais, mais je ne sais pas que je vous aide avec ces questions techniques ;)

When you follow the steps here, first you'll want to make sure ./update-workspaces.sh finishes with no errors (it's finished when premake generates the gcc and codeblocks workspaces). Then after you run the make command, it should finish with no errors (it will say "linking pyrogenesis ... linking test". If it doesn't finish, then run make again and you should see errors (using the "-j" option means it will build several things at once, not in order, and you may not see it finish with an error, but the build process stops early). You can usually select the error text in the terminal window, right-click and choose copy, then paste it here in your reply.

Je parle un peu du francais, mais je ne sais pas que je vous aide avec ces questions techniques ;)

Hi,

Let's keep on replying in english, so I can improve my knowledge !

I'll follow all steps to re-build everything ! I'll post all output appearing during the process

The first problem to report is that libmozjs185-dev is not found while installing the dependencies, so I replace it by libmozjs-dev.

But after this, many conflicts appear, I will need some time to make all the procedure.

Is there a procedure to undo all what I done before to restart all from the beginning (as if nothing was done before) ?

I'll come back...

Edited by crissc

Thanks for this issue quantumstate.

I still have a problem with the packaging libmozjs185-dev !

I'll try to find it and download from any place I can find.

It seems that this packaging is especially developed for Ubuntu but not for Debian. I think it's possible to find it, download and install it !

I started a brand new install on an other computer, also with Debian Squeeze.

The same problem appeared, it's not possible to install the packaging libmozjs185-dev !

So I found this : Linux packages search, I have downloaded this packages libmozjs185-dev_1.8.5-1.0.0-0ubuntu5_amd64.deb and tried to install it, but there were dependencies...

So I have downloaded all dependencies, and dependencies of dependencies, and so on :

multiarch-support_2.13-21_amd64.deb

libnspr4_4.8.7-0ubuntu3_amd64.deb

libmozjs185-1.0_1.8.5-1.0.0-0ubuntu5_amd64.deb

some packages had to be uninstalled :

libnspr4-0d (and there with, many other that I didn't notice :(:wacko: like iceweasel !)

and, and, and...

and I had to install libnspr4-dev...

and...

libnspr4-dev depends on ... suspense ... libnspr4-0d I had to uninstall earlier...

and...

I get this kind of messages : libnspr4 : is in conflict with: libnspr4-0d (< 4.8.7) but 4.8.6-1 has to be installed

and...

THE SNAKE BEATS ITS OWN TAIL

because, this is not to be forgotten : libmozjs185-dev depends on all these other packages.

I really don't understand how to do, and I become afraid n the risk to "disturb" a lot my system ! :eek:

Thanks for this issue quantumstate.

I still have a problem with the packaging libmozjs185-dev !

I'll try to find it and download from any place I can find.

It seems that this packaging is especially developed for Ubuntu but not for Debian. I think it's possible to find it, download and install it !

That's Spidermonkey, and you don't need that package because we bundle the source with the game. It gets compiled when you run ./update-workspaces.sh, unless you use the --with-system-mozjs185 option. The only reason you would use libmozjs185-dev is to avoid the delay of having to rebuild it each time the game is compiled (after ./clean-workspaces.ch), which in your case does not seem to be the biggest concern. I don't know how fast your computer is, but it takes only a short time to build for me.

Oh, sorry to hear that, dependencies can be a pain indeed, hope you have better luck this time :)

He he,

No problem, I'm used to have this kind of problems...

Some feed back about 0ad.

First of all, one of my computers works again without any problem. As for the second, I have no more wifi, so I first have to repair this and many other things...

I tried again to install the dependencies, without libmozjs185-dev. There appears a conflict between libjpeg8-dev and libjpeg62-dev.

libjpeg62-dev is a dependence needed by libsdl1.2-dev. libjpeg8-dev is a dependence also needed.

Please note the message appearing as I try to install all dependencies (with a translation proposed beneath) :

root@christophe-debian:/home/christophe# apt-get install subversion build-essential cmake libsdl1.2-dev zlib1g-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libgamin-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libboost-dev libboost-signals-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libopenal-dev libalut-dev libvorbis-dev libogg-dev libxml2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev zip libenet-dev
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances
Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
Certains paquets ne peuvent être installés. Ceci peut signifier que vous avez demandé l'impossible, ou bien, si vous utilisez la distribution unstable, que certains paquets n'ont pas encore été créés ou ne sont pas sortis d'Incoming.
L'information suivante devrait vous aider à résoudre la situation :
Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
libjpeg8-dev : Est en conflit avec: libjpeg62-dev mais 6b1-1 devra être installé
E: Paquets défectueux

Translation (hopefully understandable !)

root@christophe-debian:/home/christophe# apt-get install subversion build-essential cmake libsdl1.2-dev zlib1g-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libgamin-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libboost-dev libboost-signals-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libopenal-dev libalut-dev libvorbis-dev libogg-dev libxml2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev zip libenet-dev
Reading/readout of packages... Done
Construction of the dependencies tree
Reading/readout of state informations... Done
Some packages can not be installed. This can mean that you've asked for the impossible, or, if you use the unstable distribution, that some packages have not being created yet or have not been published out of Incoming.
The following information may help you to resolve this situation :
The following packages have some dependencies not satisfied :
libjpeg8-dev : is in conflict with : libjpeg62-dev but 6b1-1 has to be installed
E: Faulty packages

So I stopped all procedure until I understand really what and how to do it !

By the way, I also tried to install 0ad on a Windows 7 partition, but this message appeared (twice, because I tried two times at least !) :

in a window named : NSIS Error

Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download an damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

More information at:

http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS-Error

I'll have a look at the designed site... I've downloaded several times the soft to install, but without any good result ! By the way, I'm talking about this version of the soft 0ad-r10288-alpha-win32 (right now, I'm downloading this one : 0ad-r09530-alpha-win32, I'll see if it's better...).

Hopefully I'm not darned with 0ad... :banger:

Edited by crissc

The game works with any version of libjpeg, so if you replace the "libjpeg8-dev" with "libjpeg62-dev" on the command line then it should work better (hopefully).

hello,

Ykkrosh, I changed libjpeg8-dev with libjpeg62-dev, everything seemed to be ok. As run this command:

christophe/0ad/build/workspaces# svn co http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/ 0ad

after a "long" time (several minutes), everything seemed also to be correct.

But, when I run the next command, please see what happens:

christophe-debian:/home/christophe/0ad/build/workspaces# ./update-workspaces.sh -j3
Updating bundled third-party dependencies...

cd: 47: can't cd to ../../libraries/fcollada/src
ERROR: FCollada build failed

:throw-up:

I've had a look at update-workspaces.sh, at line 47 :

(cd ../../libraries/fcollada/src && make ${JOBS}) || die "FCollada build failed"

then, a look here :

/0ad/libraries# ls -la
total 32
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 23 déc. 21:23 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 23 déc. 21:23 ..
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 23 déc. 21:23 boost
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 23 déc. 21:23 cryptopp
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 23 déc. 21:23 opengl
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 23 déc. 21:23 sdl
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 23 déc. 21:28 .svn
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 23 déc. 21:23 wxwidgets

there is no directory named fcollada

Once again I don't know what to do ! :shrug:

And yet, no more evolution with Windows ! (n) Anyway, Windows in bad... :cool:

Edited by crissc

Ykkrosh, I changed libjpeg8-dev with libjpeg62-dev, everything seemed to be ok. As run this command:

christophe/0ad/build/workspaces# svn co http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/ 0ad

That would checkout the entire SVN again, nested inside of .../build/workspaces, which doesn't seem like what you intended to do. You should only use "svn co" once. If you've already checked out SVN, then just go to the root of your working copy (christophe/0ad) and run "svn up" to update to the latest revision. But you'll probably want to delete the extra copy first to avoid confusion.

Yeah, you should only do "svn co" once. It looks like it might have aborted before fully completing - running "svn up" in the "0ad" directory should get it to download anything it missed.

Also you really shouldn't be logged in as root when doing this :). (Only the apt-get should be done as root.)

Yeah, you should only do "svn co" once. It looks like it might have aborted before fully completing - running "svn up" in the "0ad" directory should get it to download anything it missed.

Also you really shouldn't be logged in as root when doing this :). (Only the apt-get should be done as root.)

Thanks Ykkrosh,

About root I know, I didn't take care about it... :wacko:

Some feedback about my tryings !

IT WORKS !

Now I will try to understand all the procedures, either with svn, or by compiling all the soft (with 0ad-unix-build.tar.gz and 0ad-unix-data.tar.gz).

Maybe I'm not good enough with my english to understand all the procedure(s) described.

Now I'm also going to learn how to play 0ad. :victory:

Oh, I've forgotten !

Mary Christmas !!!

Edited by crissc