Community project

Update: Ok I deleted my alpha 6 from the ppa style thing and now I am just trying to do the svn thing from beginning to end from this link (http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#DebianUbuntu) hopefully I am doing the right thing. If this works I will update this post again and say I am done and ready to begin.

You are moving in the right direction :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are moving in the right direction :)

Really? Cool Beans.

Update: ok so this is weird and idk if it is supposed to do this but this is the last message I got in my terminal when I did the svn thing off that list on ubuntu.

Code thingy: svn: GET of '/public/!svn/ver/6391/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/animated/water/noise/normal11.dds': could not connect to server (http://svn.wildfiregames.com)

I believe something may be wrong with the server, that or its done but idk it seems like I may have to either update it so I get the rest of the files or idk *shrug* ok I did (sudo svn up 0ad) and it seems to start where it left off. Thats good and I can't wait to see what else I ca do to fix it.

Update: I did it!!! Yes!!! Finally!!! now to work on those maps and testing the game out with the new stuff.

Edited by NOXAS1

ok so my svn version works. However I am having problems with the editor. When I try to get to the temperate textures it freezes. Seems to be only an Ubuntu problem because it seems that SMST and his windows OS worked fine. Any ideas to fix that? I might just get the svn on my big computer to try since it's a windows. I just hate using that pc because it has Windows 7 and I highly dislike windows 7 and Vista lol

Update: well since I hate it when things don't work for me I did some playing with the program and found it works if you enlarge the screen of the Atlas. Still slow but at least now it's workable, I am now working on the green part and hopefully will have some screenshots by the end of the day

Edited by NOXAS1

Screenshots for your viewing pleasure :D

post-3847-0-57632100-1312776447_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-23890300-1312776465_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-08626800-1312776483_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-80682700-1312776536_thumb.pn

Please tell me what you think :)

Oh any criticism is very welcome because this is my first atlas map and I'd like it to be on par with everyone else's parts of the map

oh and with the bog I was hoping that some one would add the water and stuff on the blue side because idk how to do the water that good in atlas yet.

Edited by NOXAS1

The only recommendation I would make is to change up the trees a bit. See how the previous portion did little stands of six or so trees? You should do that, instead of having a bunch of individual trees. It'll look more cohesive, and be better from a player's stand point (I hate picking off individual trees, but going after stands makes it worth my time.)

The only recommendation I would make is to change up the trees a bit. See how the previous portion did little stands of six or so trees? You should do that, instead of having a bunch of individual trees. It'll look more cohesive, and be better from a player's stand point (I hate picking off individual trees, but going after stands makes it worth my time.)

Ok I'll add forests but I still like individual trees too so I'll mix that up :)

Oh and SMST thank you for the compliment. I only added some trees to the tops of those cliffs. Also I am curious what did you use for that tall grass?

Edited by NOXAS1

If in Atlas, select "Object Placement" and then go to the top line, where it says "Entities". You will notice a dropdown list, where you select "Actors (all)". There you can select all kinds of eyecandy - you can filter certain categories of actors with the "Filter"-Tool, too, if you wany grass, for example, type in "grass" in the command line for the "Filter"-Tool and you can choose from different types of tall grass. Experiment a bit with actors, there are MANY of them. ;)

If in Atlas, select "Object Placement" and then go to the top line, where it says "Entities". You will notice a dropdown list, where you select "Actors (all)". There you can select all kinds of eyecandy - you can filter certain categories of actors with the "Filter"-Tool, too, if you wany grass, for example, type in "grass" in the command line for the "Filter"-Tool and you can choose from different types of tall grass. Experiment a bit with actors, there are MANY of them. ;)

Cool Beans, thank you and will do :)

2nd go. I was wondering if I could just do the blue color as well or was wondering if gudo wanted to do that color. Oh and I found out about water so I finished the bog/swamp thing. :D

post-3847-0-66356400-1312844842_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-02860000-1312844871_thumb.pn

I only made a few changes to your parts SMST most of them just terrain features like hills and adding some trees to those cliffs.

post-3847-0-94357300-1312851255_thumb.pn

post-3847-0-64259200-1312851275_thumb.pn

Also is there a way to delete objects without just using the undo button in the edit tab?

I'd love to hear more constructive criticism :)

update: ok guys you will have to update the svn again there was a little svn update today and it adds a few things.

Edited by NOXAS1

Looks good. Just don't make it so hilly that buildings can't be placed. I would like to work on purple before you do blue.

True well it's not too hilly, I am in the process of deleting individual trees to make space for buildings and such. By the end of the day I should have the file ready for you to do the purple Gudo :)

Edited by NOXAS1

Really? Wow um let me see what went wrong.

Update: ok so I saved the file but I didn't do save as. I did Save as now and tested it so it should work now. Here is the file. Be sure to delete the old migration map as well gudo if you have the first version. I deleted my map and reinstalled it so this link should work fine.

If there are any problems please tell me.

Edited by NOXAS1

Hmm :( wow did you update your svn?

My revision is at 9982

Where do atlas maps usually save? Mine I think is on home/saxon/0ad/binaries/data/mods/maps/scenarios. Maybe if I save it to the desktop and try *shrug* idk how do the XML files save?

Oh and whenever I save as it seems to only do the pmb file or say so. So what should I do about that?

Edited by NOXAS1

I suspect the problem might be that Atlas is saving the map someplace strange. There's a threads about atlas saving maps in weird places, if at all. I don't have access to an ubuntu box, so I can't really help you find where your version of Migration might be saved. I looked through the tickets for Atlas and didn't see any tickets for strange save behavior...