Community project

I started work on a "Migration" map, where players start on a small island in the ocean, and must migrate to the nearby landmass or they'll run out of resources. I've already roughed out the map, now it's your turn to fill it up! Below is a shot of the map, with colored "territories." I will assign territories to whoever wants to take part. All you have to do to sign up, is say you want to right here in this thread, and what color territory you would like (I've assigned the islands to myself). The only rules are please be mindful of good design practices and try to use temperate biome assets (for instance, no palm trees or walruses). You must also have access to the SVN version of the game so we are all updated with the latest game files. When the grids are all assigned, I will send the map to the first designer. He/she gets 2 days to fill in their territory, then send it back to me. Then I will send the map to the next designer and so on. If you don't send it back to me in 2 days, I'll just fill in your territory myself and send it to the next one on the list! ;)

So, who's game?! :D The finished map will ship with Alpha 7 with all of the designers being given credit in the map description.

EPhye.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try to use temperate biome assets (for instance, no palm trees or walruses). (y)

Ah, reading carefully indeed is an art.:)

So ... I'll have plenty of time today to do this, but it looks quite bleak next week. If you could send me the map today, I could get something done right away.:)

• 2 weeks later...

lol how unfortunate. NOXAS1 you have a few days extra to improve your scenario making skills :)

Yay I get to try and well that's good because I can wait for the files and that'll help a lot with me trying to work on a basis of an idea while SMST is on vacation. I would also like to use this opportunity to add to my application if possible when I am finished with whatever color or colors (maybe two?) I do. Thank you Mythos and Pureon

Oh on ubuntu where do maps save and where should I put this one? Also I think I found the file but it's in a zip file...but idk it's on share/games/0ad/mods/public and then it's just a zipfile that says public on it

Edited by NOXAS1

If you already have SVN version just run 'svn update' in it's directory.

If not - run 'svn checkout http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/' from some folder, where you want to have SVN version of 0ad.

where should the directory be? and can the update be run in the terminal? or can you do a step by step thing? I am just a bit confused since I am still a greenhorn when it comes to most ubuntu functions

Edited by NOXAS1

good news, I figured it out and I feel stupid lol. Sorry man didn't understand your wording. ok now to get to work on the project.

Edit: ok so I did get it all on my home folder on ubuntu it has a folder that says 0ad and then a folder that says trunk which has all the same files. and I still have some problems with the maps when I press the 0ad button. Do I have to switch these files with the ones on the original files? or is there an easier way? Any help would be welcome.

Update: Ok I deleted my alpha 6 from the ppa style thing and now I am just trying to do the svn thing from beginning to end from this link (http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#DebianUbuntu) hopefully I am doing the right thing. If this works I will update this post again and say I am done and ready to begin.

Edited by NOXAS1