Lag everytime I scroll.

Nickmaster

Everytime I scroll on the map,lag happens for about 10 seconds.After a while,it gets pretty annoying.Is anyone else experiencing this/knows how to solve this?

We need to know your Operating System--Linux(distro), Windows, OSX? System specs. Are you running any custom drivers? Things like that. WARNING: The game will not run on Windows 3.11 For Workgroups.

We need to know your Operating System--Linux(distro), Windows, OSX? System specs. Are you running any custom drivers? Things like that. WARNING: The game will not run on Windows 3.11 For Workgroups.

I'm running on Windows 7.I'm not running any custom drivers,as far as I know.

And the lag only starts when I build some buildings and get into the game.

Interesting, haven't heard of any similar reports.

Scrolling may expose additional objects. If you haven't seen them before, the game will first convert their data file to a faster representation.

Does it still happen in a game without an AI player? If not, then you're probably CPU-bound.

You can also press F11 several times to cycle through the in-game timing information we record. The hierarchical profiler will tell you where time is currently being spent. Do you notice any particular spikes or obvious changes after scrolling?

It would be helpful to know the version of thew video driver you are using.

On Win 7 Goto Control Panel -> System and Security -> System. On that panel the top left corner there should be a button called device manager, click that. On the device manager page you will see "Display adapters", open that, right click on your display adapter and select "properties". From there select the "driver" tab - let me know what the Driver Version is.

(there is probably an easier way to get this, but this is what I know) ;-)

The quality of graphics drivers varies considerably and there are some known problem cases, so it is always helpful to know the driver versions as well as the os version. If a driver doesn't implement one OpenGL feature it can really kill performance. There is also usually some adjustments that can fix the performance. Always a challenge getting good consistent performance with 3D graphics!

Anyway, if you are having long pauses, that is most probably game play code and not just graphical stuff. We still have lots of optimization to do on the gameplay side of things (AI, pathing, etc).