The ALPHA 7 PREVIEW thread!

Mythos_Ruler

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow nice pics mythos! well the model is excellent now, i'd only suggest a slightly darker colour for the wood maybe (as on mythos' pics). the eye is nice as well but make it bigger!!! :D it's hardly visible from standard rts view. take theShadow's reference and notice how the eye takes up about 1/3 of the bow!

apart from that it's superb, keep it up :)

Edited by Android GRRR

They used it to reinforce the sails, as most sails probably weren't made out of one full sheet of cloth :)

Probably. Could be a bit more subtle IMHO.

Bireme, maybe not. Getting ready for the Carths atm biggrin.gif

That is excellent. Although the Bireme needs some improvement, in my opinion.

I too liked the old menu. It kind of differentiated 0 A.D from the other games which has a regular linear menu structure.

But, the new menu has potential to display various screenshots - including user-created ones...

So, maybe , should we keep the old menu (with some modifications to get a new look) for the main screen displaying "single player", "multi player", settings, etc

And, the new menu can be used for the screen that comes after clicking the main menu. For example, after clicking on "single player" in the main screen, there would be this screen displaying buttons like "Matches", "Scenarios", "Campaigns", etc.

Just my 2 cents unsure.gif

The main goal with the new main menu is to facilitate extensibility--in other words, make it easier to add and remove things. Also, a menu like this is easier for modders. It's a win-win, whereas the old menu design locked us in to a specific set of options. :)

The old design also locked us into English text, whereas the new one can be translated to other languages (once we implement translation support), and a fixed aspect ratio (it looked ugly on widescreen monitors). I think it was a nice idea, but not very practical :(

hmmmm. I like this idea of extensibilityvictory.gif

Maybe then, can we have the reverse of what I previously said? The main screen will be the new menu with things like "single player", "multi player", settings, etc

After clicking on an item, like "single player", in the main menu, there would be the old screen displayed on the right side (replacing the drawing shown) displaying buttons like "Matches", "Scenarios", "Campaigns", etc.

Will that work out to keep both the camps happy blush.gif

Edited by Potter

Wouldn't that overcomplicate the menu?

You mean the display of the old menu on the right, or the splitting into two levels of menu?

I think that two levels of menu would eventually have to be included:

1. Learn to Play

2. Single Player

- Matches

- Scenarios

- Campaigns

3. Multi Player

- Matches

- Campaigns (why not? This could add a new twist to the RTS genreshrug.gif)

4. Settings

- Graphics

5. Custom Content

- Add/Remove from Game

- Browse & Download

6. History

- (Diff factions)