Alpha 7 Name

mrjeremister

I'm not sure what the name of alpha 7 should be but alpha 8

Hakor!

A double meaning.. :)

My name is Hakor and I overthrew my predecessor Psammuthes I revolted against my (pfft.) overlord, the Persian King Artaxerxes, and with the support of Athenian mercenaries held off the Persians (like a ninja) in a three year war between 385 and 383 BC.

Timestamps.... Ridiculous things.

Edited by asmartgoat

• 3 weeks later...

Mare Nostrum? Because the Punic Wars started as a fight for sea suprepremacy. But since we dont have already Romans there cant be Punic War....

Mantle of Tanit/Zaïmph/Salammbô - A cartaginian legend http://beyondvictoriansalammboa.com/2011/04/13/quaint-15--by-gustave-flaubert/

Baʿal Hammon

Mercenair/Misthophoroi

Alalia - Battle between Greeks and Carthage (allied with Etruscans) that probably influenced the destrution of the Iberian Tartessian civilization at the hands of the Phoenicians as revenge for helping the hellenes, leading to Carthaginian Hegemony in the west (before punic wars and the rise of rome) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Alalia

Edited by LusitanCenturion

"Germelqart" is a Punic name appearing in one funerary inscription. (1, 2)

Edit: It apparently means "He who sojourns with Melqart", where Melqart (properly Milk-Qart, "King of the City") was the tutelary god of the Phoenician city of Tyre.

Hannibal seems to have been a big fan of Melqart and he worshipped him all the time.

(Incidentally, Tyre is less than 60km from my house as the crow flies.)

I like this, and Gigantes too. I don't know how that relates to Carthage, though.

It doesn't have to relate to Carthage ;) It's just a bonus if it does :) So don't let that stop you from suggesting something, if nothing else we learn something new even if the word isn't used as the Alpha name.

It doesn't have to relate to Carthage ;) It's just a bonus if it does :) So don't let that stop you from suggesting something, if nothing else we learn something new even if the word isn't used as the Alpha name.

I've heard of "Garmantines" mentioned as a people living in Northern Africa an being hired by Carthage as mercs, yet there is no viable info on the net. (one of the first Google links mentions how hard it is to find information on them and the rest seems to be Europa Barbarorum)

For standard ancient Greco-Romano Names there would be Gracchus (name of two brothers who tried to reform the Roman Republic), Gelon (name of several Syracusan tyrants), Gades (city in Spain, modern day Cadíz), Galatia (region in Anatolia inhabited by Celts in antiquity), Gladius (well, you all know what that is), Gloria (Latin word for/godess of fame, might be a worthy sequel to "Fortuna"^^), Gorgias (Greek sophist, main antagonist of Socrates in Plato's epynomous dialogue) and Gyges (Lydian king, famous for his ring, that was used in a metaphorical legend in Plato's Politeia)

But my favourite is Gaia. Simply because I am a bit of a pantheist. :)

Edited by SMST

• 2 weeks later...