Alpha6 Binaries For Mac Os X

mtkaz

Sorry guys, but that's how it is :)

We have gone to considerable effort to support OS X at all in the code. Recent work on a new+improved build system has allowed the use of Xcode. Since we lack a developer on the team with OS X who can look into the release process, fix OS X-specific issues and provide binaries at the time of an alpha release, we have to hope someone in the community can do so. That's all we can offer at the moment.

I am working on trying to get this into an executable form. Once I manage i, I will upload it for the general public. in the meantime, I can try and upload what I have now, although I am not sure where I could host it.

I will also write up an updated compile guide, for those of you who are willing to take another stab at it. It is really much easier than it was before.

I am working on trying to get this into an executable form. Once I manage i, I will upload it for the general public. in the meantime, I can try and upload what I have now, although I am not sure where I could host it.

I will also write up an updated compile guide, for those of you who are willing to take another stab at it. It is really much easier than it was before.

i have an account on megaupload.com

I'll give you the dates via PM

;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?x7n52w8dmnezxx8

here is the compile guide for mac. Hope it's helpful

also, I tried uploading the file I made to megaupload, but you have to be a premium member to download it. (it's more than a GB)

I am exploring other options. I would rather not split up the archive if I can possible avoid it, but will if enough people want me to.

aye, it's specific to lion. It's a bug with SDL or something, and can't be fixed until SDL makes a version addressing the issue.

http://www.ultimaaiera.com/blog/apples-os-x-lion-10-7-breaks-fullscreen-for-sdl-based-games/

Aha, thanks for the link :) Looks like they are working on fixing it in SDL. We'll have similar issues with OS X since we also need to use the display API (for detecting resolution), so their solution could be helpful for us in multiple ways.

Edit: Another forum member has contributed an Alpha 7 binary for OS X :)

http://www.mediafire...x7n52w8dmnezxx8

here is the compile guide for mac. Hope it's helpful

also, I tried uploading the file I made to megaupload, but you have to be a premium member to download it. (it's more than a GB)

I am exploring other options. I would rather not split up the archive if I can possible avoid it, but will if enough people want me to.

sorry, when i type in terminal :sudo port install boost cmake libdevil libenet libsdl libvorbis libxml2 curl nasm cmake wxwidgets subversion

i'll get this errormessage:

sudo: port: command not found

what do i wrong?

I have had a bit of trouble playing the game. I am using Mac OSX Lion. The game runs really well at first, but once I select the citizen soldiers, everything freezes. As I am unable to get to the windows mode, (My keyboard lacks the alt key.) I have to shut down the computer as I have no way to force quit it.