Disaster For The Ai

If this is a very recent problem then it may be related to #879 (the chickens might be stopping because they think the building is in FoW) which needs to be fixed soonish.

Well I have only noticed it happening the past few times I've played, before that I know the chickens usually scream bloody murder and run. Is it a question of whose FoW the building is in?

What matters is whether the building is in FoW/SoD from the perspective of the chicken's player, which is usually Gaia, and visibility isn't computed for Gaia (to avoid wasted computation since it doesn't need to care about FoW) so the chicken will always think the building is non-visible, I think. (That needs to be changed so Gaia thinks everything is visible.)

Double post cuz i don't know if editing announces activity.

I was looking at the svn and it appears there was a fix for this at revision 9720, which it says is a fix for #879, I can't find #879 in the trac and I don't seem to be able to view by ticket number so I just have to assume it's the same thing as this. Problem is that from what I can tell the issue hasn't changed at all, critters of all types are still standing in the middle of the foundations. Just thought I'd mention it, ya know, in case no one noticed, or if it's just happening for me.

I was looking at the svn and it appears there was a fix for this at revision 9720, which it says is a fix for #879, I can't find #879 in the trac and I don't seem to be able to view by ticket number so I just have to assume it's the same thing as this. Problem is that from what I can tell the issue hasn't changed at all, critters of all types are still standing in the middle of the foundations. Just thought I'd mention it, ya know, in case no one noticed, or if it's just happening for me.

May need to rebuild the EXE or wait for an autobuild.

Yeah, that ticket is about this issue. You should at least be able to view the ticket by clicking on timeline and the click on the link in the revision log there. Or rather you can just click the ticket there since it's listed after being updated in that commit :) (If you can't see updated tickets there's a box in the top right that can be ticked which probably isn't in that case :) ) In either case http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/879 is the direct link to the ticket. And yeah, it looks as if it needs a rebuild.

Also, double posting is ok as long as you've got something useful to say, especially if it's not on the same day. Also, just editing doesn't give any announcement as far as I'm aware. Could send an alert if you've watched the topic for all I know, I never do that, but it doesn't make the topic show up among the unread topics in any case :)

In a not so helpful way, I just tried building under 2008 to test this, build went fine with no errors, game booted fine but fully crashed the instant any map i tried has loaded. Might just be me, but idk.

Edit: According to this :

Assertion failed: "m_W && m_H"

Location: Grid.h:130 (SparseGrid<struct PathfindTile>::SparseGrid)

Call stack:

SparseGrid<PathfindTile>::SparseGrid<PathfindTile> (grid.h:130)

this = (unavailable)

w = 0 (0x0000)

h = 0 (0x0000)

CCmpPathfinder::ComputePath (ccmppathfinder_tile.cpp:399)

this = (unavailable)

x0 =

value = 10255479 (0x009C7C77)

z0 =

value = 32684868 (0x01F2BB44)

it looks to be an issue with the paths. Guess I'll have to wait a while eh?

Edited by chaosislife

Pets are AI killers.

In Arma2 a rabbit or a chicken can cause your convoy of heavily armoured vehicles to stop (even after years of patching).

No matter how urgent it is to move, your soldiers would even give their lives to save the poor chicken that could possibly run in front of their tank. :D