Error In The Svn Revisions.

chaosislife

I don't even know whether we're supposed to be worrying about bugs in the SVN versions but I figure it's better to take care of it now instead of at release. Anyhow, there's an error when hunting using some of the ranged units like the baguada wherein you get a big unitAI error when attempting to fire upon a critter that is outside of the units present range. It doesn't show up if you first run up on top of the critter and then attempt to shoot at it, but it does sometimes when you try to shift-click and follow up with an attack. I know that it doesn't happen with the hellenes toxotes but I haven't tested anything other than the toxotes and the baguadas yet.

Yeah, much better to fix bugs now than in release ;) That said I haven't been able to reproduce the bug, didn't test too long though so perhaps it's just under certain circumstances. Could you please post the log? Also, does it occur in the latest SVN version? (I.e. 9659 as of me writing this, not that UnitAI was updated in that specific version, but it was updated not too long ago, so just want to be sure we're not debugging an issue that's already been fixed. :) )

Yeah, much better to fix bugs now than in release ;) That said I haven't been able to reproduce the bug, didn't test too long though so perhaps it's just under certain circumstances. Could you please post the log? Also, does it occur in the latest SVN version? (I.e. 9659 as of me writing this, not that UnitAI was updated in that specific version, but it was updated not too long ago, so just want to be sure we're not debugging an issue that's already been fixed. :) )

I've tested all of the celt and iberian units so far and it appear that the baguada is the only one effected of them. How do you copy the errors? Edit: yeah i've just tested it with the baguada in a newly started game and not gotten it where i was getting it all the time in games that have been running awhile. Also i've been getting it since the stances were added so it's probably got something to do with that. I update the SVN constantly cuz i'm impatient to see the new shiny things.

Edited by chaosislife

I've tested all of the celt and iberian units so far and it appear that the baguada is the only one effected of them. How do you copy the errors? Edit: yeah i've just tested it with the baguada in a newly started game and not gotten it where i was getting it all the time in games that have been running awhile. Also i've been getting it since the stances were added so it's probably got something to do with that. I update the SVN constantly cuz i'm impatient to see the new shiny things.

The easiest way to copy the errors is in the log file, where to find the log file depends on what OS you're on, on Windows just double-click on the OpenLogsFolder.bat in the top 0 A.D. folder, on Linux I think it's in ~.0ad/logs or something, but hopefully you'll be able to find it :)

Ok, then

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/helpers/FSM.js line 251 InternalError: too much recursion ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/helpers/FSM.js:251 ()@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:1457 ([object Object])@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:265 ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/helpers/FSM.js:251 ("Attack",[object Object])@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:1521 ([object Object])@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:298 ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/helpers/FSM.js:251 ()@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:1457 ([object Object])@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:265 ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/helpers/FSM.js:251 ("Attack",[object Object])@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:1521 ([object Object])@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:298 ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/helpers/FSM.js:251 ()@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:1457 ([object Object])@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:265 ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/helpers/FSM.js:251...

ERROR: Failed to call ProcessCommand() global script function

thats it. It seems the game has to run for a few minutes/attacks before the error starts happening.