Able To Control The Enemy Without Using The "control All Units" Option In The Dev Console.

chaosislife

If you first select one of your units, and then the enemy's units you can command the enemy to attack their own structures and units. I still have to check out whether I can use the same premise to cause the enemy's units to delete. Edit: Nope.

Edited by chaosislife

Oh! Beat me by a few seconds!

Anyways, seems to me that this glitch limits the functionality the same as the dev console mode does. You can direct units to gather, build, etc. However, any structure you try and place belongs to you. Additionally, you can select one of your buildings and an enemy building of the same type. Any unit you attempt to train is trained at your building. So you can't spend the enemies resources at least.

Fun facts: You can shift+select an animal and issue a move order. The animal doesn't move, but all of your units will dash to the animal's location, as though they were trying to get in formation.It's a super fast way to move troops around.

Edited by gudo

Re IRC:

02:02 < historic_bruno> should enemy units even respond to a command from a different player? regardless of how the UI works

There should be two layers - the UI should not issue commands to units the player isn't allowed to control (to prevent the player getting confused by the UI indicating things are possible), and the simulation code (Commands.js) should reject any commands that violate the gameplay rules (to prevent cheating in multiplayer by people who modify the UI, and to avoid bugs caused by the command lag (e.g. commanding a unit when the command isn't executed until just after the unit is captured by the enemy)). It sounds like the UI layer is a bit buggy; the simulation layer is not yet implemented at all (since cheating didn't seem important yet).