1 Sezione Italiana

Perfinstals

I don't speak Italian so I hope you can use Google Translate to understand what I write: The best would probably be to have entire forums in other languages (like Italian), run by others. But it is certainly an option for us to host a section with discussions in Italian. For that to work we need people who speak Italian to volunteer to be moderators, so anyone who speaks Italian (or other languages as well if there's enough interest) and who is able to spend say an hour each day moderating such a forum please either contact me or post in this topic so we can discuss this option. (It's probably best to post here so everyone can be a part of the discussion.) Our main focus will always be the English-speaking forums as that's the language most of us speak when we talk with each other, but we definitely want people who are not as good at speaking English to be able to discuss the game. The question is just how to best do that, either way we need help to do it as no one on the team speaks Italian as far as I'm aware :) So please post and we'll see what we can do :)

Cool (y) Thinking a bit more about this it would probably be a good thing if there was more than one moderator to share the load. It may not be necessary to be two or more to do the actual moderator work, but as the community is going to be fairly small at the beginning it might be a good idea to do things like translate the news post to Italian and such. Exactly how it will be done is of course up to the eventual moderators, but it's probably not a bad thing to do something like that to get the discussions going :)

Been thinking a bit more, and it would probably be pretty pointless to have a forum for just one or two people. So, it would be great if people who'd be interested in such a forum would reply here so we can get an idea about how many people would be interested.

Been thinking a bit more, and it would probably be pretty pointless to have a forum for just one or two people. So, it would be great if people who'd be interested in such a forum would reply here so we can get an idea about how many people would be interested.

:banana: I try to gather the minimum number ...?

perhaps for now, a new forum section could be added for people of different nationalities. Then once the community becomes large enough, it could be split off as it's own forum.

Per me va benissimo :drool: una discussione generali per varie lingue ! avente una tendina tipo Other style che indirizza la lingua in Topic Title la lingua tipo [ ITA] [sPA] [FRA] e cosi via ... ci vorrebbe un moderatore per ogni lingua o un collegamento per voi a google traslate e simili ! meglio però che le lingue non si mischino in un post :victory:

Per me va benissimo :drool: una discussione generali per varie lingue ! avente una tendina tipo Other style che indirizza la lingua in Topic Title la lingua tipo [ ITA] [sPA] [FRA] e cosi via ... ci vorrebbe un moderatore per ogni lingua o un collegamento per voi a google traslate e simili ! meglio però che le lingue non si mischino in un post :victory:

That might be a good idea yeah, I don't think it would be necessary to add some code, just add [iTA] (or one of the other languages) in the Topic Title field manually and anyone who's interested in reading your post will know what language it is. I think we need more than two people to make it worth setting up though, so everyone who's interested please reply. I do understand that it will be easier to get people interested in the non-English discussion once it exists, but if it's just one or two people the forum will not be active enough imho. (One of the benefits of a project like this is that you get a chance to practice your English though, so while we wait for enough people to show up you might take the chance to try and improve your English. :) There's definitely a value in giving people a chance to talk about the game in their own language though, I'm just saying that there would not be much discussion if there are not enough people :) )

I too speak Italian :-)

I don't like the idea to mix different language topics within the same forum. I think that initially adding a third section [Welcome] [0AD] [0AD International] with a sub forum for the most important languages (Spanish, French, German, Italian, etc.) is is more than enough. The initial count of topics will be very low. If the topic count raises much then we can expand that language in various subforums as it is done now with the English language.