A New A.i.?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

@Lexa Did you see our behaviour tree? I hope you can use some of our code so you don't have to start over :P

Thanks, I'll look at it closely.

I hope we will be able to do bot battles also :)

We do plan on finishing ours, so it hopefully will be finished before Alpha 7 :)

Ah ok... Do you know if there are changes in the scripting API in th alpha 7 ? And when it is planned to be ready ?

I am working on a script debugger, but it turned out to be a HUGE task. I am still shooting for inclusion in Alpha 7, but it could possibly slip to Alpha 8. It will allow you to step through the AI scripts and look at variables, set breakpoints and watchpoints, etc. Standard debugger stuff.

So far no changes to the scripting API that I'm aware of. For a rough date see: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/roadmap

Great, thank you!

(joke)So you are not angry against me anymore? Remember I defeated you a few months ago! :D

I am working on a script debugger, but it turned out to be a HUGE task. I am still shooting for inclusion in Alpha 7, but it could possibly slip to Alpha 8. It will allow you to step through the AI scripts and look at variables, set breakpoints and watchpoints, etc. Standard debugger stuff.

This seems very interesting to me!!! That would have ease my work a lot :)

I felt like I almost had to reverse engineer some classes and types... And the debugging is a pain, but that is usual in js...

You do this in C++ right?

Do you know if there are changes in the scripting API in th alpha 7 ?

We'll probably have to extend it a little to let AI players handle territories, but no other changes are planned soon. (I expect we'll need to do a major redesign some time in the future, based on experience with the current prototype implementation, so it'd be useful to know what people find good and bad about the current design and what might work better, but I don't know when that'll be worked on.)

You do this in C++ right?

It is a remote debugging system for SpiderMonkey. The server (0AD in this case) is written in C++. It talks to one of several standard Javascript debugging clients. The first one supported will be JSDT (the Eclipse Javascript debugger). So you can open up the debugger on another machine if you want or just open it up in a different window.

(joke)So you are not angry against me anymore? Remember I defeated you a few months ago! :D

Ah, now that you say it the name is familiar :) No worries, I can take a defeat. (Especially when I was one against two most of the time ;) Always nice to have something to blame on :rolleyes: )

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Woots! Got Rootbot working again! I've uploaded my modified code below!

Features

*Originally created by a team of students

*Builds and uses siege units, champion units, and elephants!

*Support for all six Civs

*Elephants!

*Only builds houses if current population limit is less than maximum population limit

Changelog from previous release

*Can now detect if it doesn't start with any builders, and then train them.

*Fixed a slew of naming issues

*Fixed compatibility with updated common API

*Support for Rome, Carthage, and Persia added.

*Builds special buildings for all civs now.

*slightly faster economy (due to reduced initial defense spending)

*Only builds houses if current population limit is less than maximum population limit

*Fixed wonky build angles

rootbot.zip

Edited by gudo

Refuses to load as class is undefined in BuildOffence.js.

It gets fixed for me if I rename it into buildOffence.js (as other files named), the same with CivicCentre.js and TrainDefenceUnits.js, I don't know how it is related to filenames.

There is also missing double-quote character in attack.js:319 and something else, what I don't have time to check because it's time to go to the work.

Thanks! Now I feel like a darn idiot :P I made sure to double check caps in the files, I just forgot about caps in the file names >_< Squashed more bugs, now I have to bring it up to date with the API changes since RootBot was made. Looks like adding territory support to the common API broke RootBot...

[EDIT] Excellent! RootBot is building and training again! Occasionally it throws warnings, I'll have to figure those out. After that, I plan on:

Build special buildings for Celt, Cart, Pers, Iber and Rome (already builds them for Hele)

Verify it actually does train war elephants, war dogs, etc (the code is in, but since it doesn't make the right buildings, there's no way to be sure...)

Quit hunting those darn fish!

Let Rootbot know when it's at MaxPopCap

I've attached the updated RootBot files to my previous post.

Edited by gudo