Unit Count, Epic Formations Etc.

Sebovzeoueb

I'm really liking the current lack of population limit (as far as I can tell). I always found that AoE could have used an extra 100 or so population.

Just built 500 population worth of units, and it looks pretty epic like that. You start to actually believe you have a proper army, rather than a small group of men.

Another thing I disliked about AoE was building a fairly large army, then not being to select all of it at once. I see in 0 A.D. you can select up to 64 units, which to me is not enough, but also at the moment they struggle to manoeuvre in such large numbers.

Would it be possible to implement formations in a similar way to Cossacks? In this game you could have like 160 soldiers all moving as a unit. As I mentioned in another post, hero units could lead the formations, which would benefit from their powers.

Rise and Fall : Civilizations at War also makes good use of formations:

rise-fall-civilizations-at-war-20050512065227812.jpg

Also, massive walls

EDIT: Oh, and can we have more metal and stone as well? I find myself running out far too quickly at present.

Edited by Sebovzeoueb

EDIT: Oh, and can we have more metal and stone as well? I find myself running out far too quickly at present.

Right now the amount of Metal and Stone is vaguely optimized for an army of around 200-300. I'd venture to say we'll increase resource availability in the near future as we implement things like Walls and Technologies, which would otherwise be a significant drain on the player's treasury. Keep in mind we will have trade and bartering to augment the player's economy as well.