Is A.i Suppose To Be This Automatic?

Tutle

I know this game is in it's early stages still, so I laugh when the A.I thinks it is a good idea to chase after the enemy into their base. However, all i did was tell my unit of javelin throwers to stand in a certain area to organise an assault and when I went back to select them, they were all scattered gathering wood? Is this A.I behaviour suppose to occur? I was so frustrated that I had to pick them individually all over again, that I just sent them to trap. :P

It sounds like you accidentally clicked a tree rather than order the units to go to the specific spot? It's definitely not any defined behaviour for units to automatically start gathering if they stand idle for a while in any case. You shouldn't have to select them individually however, either double click to select all units of the same kind and rank on the screen, triple click to select all units of the same kind regardless of rank, or drag a box around the units to select them if there are units of different kinds (I do realize there might have been other units around making that hard, just want to make sure you're aware of the possibilities ;) ). Selection limits for trees etc will be improved, so it should be easier to avoid accidentally ordering your units to start gathering etc in the future, regardless of whether or not that's what happened ;)

Thanks for tips! I actually believed I did not clicked on a tree since one of the men actually stopped at the area I told him to go. Then again, I probably did click on a tree and his reaction was simply delayed. That reminds me, anyone else have heavy lag when selecting a map with 4 players?

Edited by Tutle

Can we please have the ability to "lock" gathering or military? You don't want your reinforcements accidentally becoming gatherers (especially if we implement a time penalty for switching between modes, "Ooh! Berries!"), and vice versa, you don't want your gatherers distracted by a passing scout.

Hopefully soon we'll have an Attack-Move command which will be restricted to attack and movement commands. Think it's going to be CTRL+click or SHIFT+click. Attack-Move will also have a big impact on AI gameplay, allowing AI controlled units units to defend themselves when attacked.