Alpha 6 Thread

tribalbeat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question: can the limit of 8 players per map be changed to a higher number?

I think the simulation code currently imposes a hard limit of 16 players (plus Gaia), because it stores fog-of-war data in a 32-bit array (and needs 2 bits per player). The limit of 8 is imposed mostly by the UI and game setup code, so it should be fairly easy to relax that, particularly if the extra ones are invisible in the setup screen so we don't need to reserve more UI space for them.

i think the maps for the nest alpha should be bigger because rival tribes or civilizations wouldn't have there villages that close to each other or at least make the enemy AI have to search for your city like we have to and i know im asking for allot but also include some of Kyriakos's work in the game

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14854&pid=221031&st=0entry221031

I think the simulation code currently imposes a hard limit of 16 players (plus Gaia), because it stores fog-of-war data in a 32-bit array (and needs 2 bits per player). The limit of 8 is imposed mostly by the UI and game setup code, so it should be fairly easy to relax that, particularly if the extra ones are invisible in the setup screen so we don't need to reserve more UI space for them.

Thanks Philip ! All I wanted to hear :)

• 2 weeks later...