Particle System

av93

I don't see particles nowhere... Bug? I thought it were implemented

An easy way to check for sure is to start a game and then start building something. It should look something like in this image: http://www.moddb.com/games/0-ad/images/beef-its-whats-for-dinner#imagebox

(Moving this topic to Bug reports as particles most definitely are implemented :) )

I know, this seems rare. But nothing. The buildings, the fire of stonethrowers, nothing.

I think if I can run with my ATI the game, i have to be able to see the particles.

I have donloawded twice the game and installed 2 times and this doesn't run. If i erase the game with delete, the folder, i won't have problems? I suspect that maybe could be the other alpha that make problems during installation.. But really i dont know whats going on

Hmm, are you running the installer with admin permissions? (Not sure how much difference that would make, but if the uninstaller doesn't work that could perhaps be the cause :unsure: )

Either way, are you using the most up-to-date drivers for your graphics card? That can sometimes be the problem when things doesn't look the way you expect them to.

What OS are you using, and what graphics card and drivers? If you're on Linux with the non-Gallium-based open Radeon r300 drivers then there are various driver bugs so the game falls back to a compatibility mode which doesn't support particles. Otherwise it should only fall back on extremely old hardware/drivers, and particles should work the rest of the time.

That looks like Radeon 9200 (on Windows), which was released around 2004 and doesn't support the necessary shader features, so the game will use the compatibility mode for rendering. We should probably implement particle support in that mode, so it won't work with alpha 5 but hopefully it will in future releases :)

We should probably implement particle support in that mode

I love you guys. XD

It's a nice feature (i can live without it) but i expect that i could play the full game with my pc. But if i can play it now, it's very probable that i could play the full release, no?

I was thinking about the pixel shader, but also i saw it not very High Tecnology for my Lil'old card.