Adaptive Ai

tinoesroho

I completely agree that it would make the game less repetitive. Speaking of AI, what if every civilization had its own AI using actual tactics and strategies took from the real history of that society (first to come in my mind are the roman siege and naval battle techniques)?

• 2 weeks later...

The historic tactics would be a great idea: I've found 0AD through searching for a game, which lets me play the tactics of Alexander the great.

Further on, it also would be nice to have an AI which is able to learn. It should have some basic tactics (depending on civilization) and tries them out. So with some data about the opponent (what he is building, which units are attacking the AI...) and the experience it gained through the try-outs, the AI would be able to find the right tactic. It would be interesting, if the AI learns itself. Further on, one can imagine a database, where the experiences of all AIs are stored, which would lead to a kind of "Omnibrain", which would be a very intelligent AI.