Iberians For Alpha V

I figured I'd post it here, since anyone who updates the game via SVN will see all the Iberian assets we've moved to the Public folder anyway. So, I playtested today and came up with this list of things that need done in order to make these guys rdy for the big show. Those items in Bold are essential:

Corral – re-exported to fix roof and other shadowy weirdness. Perhaps make the roof the thatched roof texture. Mud prop seems missing (might just need to be moved to Public). Foundation doesn’t show up. Improper footprint and obstruction.

Temple – Remodeled to be slightly larger with more detail.

Slinger – Needs proper projectile (right now it uses the Catapult rock--not good).

Healer – Head is missing. Needs new body. Needs new icon.

Female – Needs new body textures x2.

Fortress – Remodeled.

Monument – Added to citizen build queue. Done.

Fishing Boat - Needs re-exported (it's turned 90 degrees the wrong way). Needs new icon. Needs player color added to it somehow.

Merchant Ship - New icon.

Anything else?

Couple of quick questions:

1. All the buildings you're adding... will they have full functionality? In Alpha IV, even released civilisations like Hellenes have a number of buildings that don't do anything.

2. How many Alphas are you guys planning before hitting Beta?

A note, which I already made to Michael some time ago:

The Iberians have a ability to fire flaming javelins, yet they have no javelinists in their unit roster. I'd say that they at least get a cavalry javelinist, since there is an Iberian infantry javelinist in the Carthaginian roster and they already have a slinger unit for ranged attack.

2. How many Alphas are you guys planning before hitting Beta?

24 in total, so that they can use the whole alphabet.:P

Honestly, no idea.

1. All the buildings you're adding... will they have full functionality? In Alpha IV, even released civilisations like Hellenes have a number of buildings that don't do anything.

Most buildings don't do stuff because other things like healing or technologies aren't implemented, so it's not as much that the buildings themselves doesn't work. In either case, there will be buildings that doesn't have any functionality at the moment, and I'd say all buildings will become more useful as the game is developed :) .

After Z we could go AA, AB, AC, etc. What's the ancient Greek for aardvark?

(I think it makes sense to switch from alpha to beta once the game is basically feature-complete, so beta will just be fixing bugs and balancing gameplay. It'll be a while before we reach that stage, but I think that won't really take so long that we run out of letters :))

Update - My comments in red.

Corral – re-exported to fix roof and other shadowy weirdness. Perhaps make the roof the thatched roof texture. Mud prop seems missing (might just need to be moved to Public). Foundation doesn’t show up. Improper footprint and obstruction. I think I fixed all of these. Done.

Temple – Remodeled to be slightly larger with more detail.

Slinger – Needs proper projectile (right now it uses the Catapult rock--not good). I created a new projectile and added it to the slingers. Done

Healer – Head is missing. Needs new body. Needs new icon. Maybe I'll do something.

Female – Needs new body textures x2. Anyone want to do this?

Fortress – Remodeled. Being done.

Monument – Added to citizen build queue. Done.

Fishing Boat - Needs re-exported (it's turned 90 degrees the wrong way). Needs new icon. Needs player color added to it somehow. I'll rotate boat. Icon is done. Isn't player colour in sail texture? Edit: All Done

Merchant Ship - New icon. Done.

Edited by Pureon

I rotated the Iberian fishing boat and sail. I think there might be a Collada error on one of the meshes, I found a stray UV but it wasn't that causing it. Let me know if you get an error too.

I'll scale the slinger projectile up a bit. They go very fast, perhaps make it a little slower so that we could see them? lol

Edit: Projectile now bigger. Also changed the texture from light gray to dark gray. Might help :)