Particles

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The development manager kindly requests some maps be edited (or a new one made) and committed to include these new things (small bit of smoke above chimneys, fireplace near every town center, the new rope bridge).

Not much good for players like myself if they only exists in Atlas at this point (Atlas doesn't work on my Mac :-( ).

So many cool things (y) (Too bad I don't have time to play with it today, I will make sure to make time tomorrow though =) )

Thorfinn: I'm sure there will be one if not many screenshots, it's probably better to wait until we have some more experience with the particle system so we can make sure the image is as good as possible :) A quick image for a news post or for Moddb would be good already though imho :)

It will display in Atlas in the "play" mode; otherwise all the animation is paused, which includes particles (and there are zero particles before they've animated long enough to emit some). But I changed it now so they should animation even when paused in Atlas - does that work a bit better? Also they were broken in the Actor Viewer so I fixed that. (...at least after the autobuild, which should be soon.)

I also added some dust particles on construction (though I only bothered for the 3x3 foundation - try building houses). Also I added some kind of yucky way to make the number of particles increase as you task more builders onto the building - I think it's possibly a nice effect but the implementation needs to be redesigned eventually.

New effects are great!

Just a minor bug: when shooting with the Lithobolos to a gazelle, if she doesn't get killed the smoke is still shown for little time, but after the final shot that kill her (poor gazelle :( ) the smoke line instantly disappear.

Just a minor bug: when shooting with the Lithobolos to a gazelle, if she doesn't get killed the smoke is still shown for little time, but after the final shot that kill her (poor gazelle :( ) the smoke line instantly disappear.

Fixed.

I am looking at the actor files. It is not apparent to me what all the variables mean and do. Any chance we could get a quick and dirty tutorial put into the Wiki? I've committed a couple of wave textures if anyone wants to try to make a shore wave.

I'm not sure particles really make sense for waves, but if someone wants to experiment then feel free :). I'll see if I can write up some basic documentation tomorrow.

Added some flames to the Elite Iberian Javelinist's projectile. :D

There is an Iberian Javelinist?

EDIT:

SVN tells me now there is one.:D That's great. A Cavalry Javelinist would've been nicer, though, seeing that Iberia has just one type of cavalry right now.

Edited by SMST