soldiers with piercing weapon can bring down building

grepmaster

• 2 months later...

I like the idea of building capturing! But my suggestion is:

- implement the grepmasters suggestion,

- all except economic buildings can be captured, so once you kill all military force of one player (including towers containing units) you get all his buildings except economic buildings (basically he becomes your slave) until he pays a predefined amount of resources, he can't build any military in the time while he's a slave, once he pays the resource he gets his buildings back and has a peace treat of a predefined period of time to get back on his feet

I know it's a bit too much to ask for but that would be the most realistic way I think. Once the soldiers of one village are killed usually the rest become enslaved. However, even if it remains as it is (piercing soldiers can destroy buildings, no capturing) is fine for me, and majority of the players I think because most RTS games work that way.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some special units will be able to siege buildings IIRC, that includes fiery arrows?

I'm thinking the Iberian champion units could throw fire projectiles for a siegeing secondary attack. It all depends upon how complicated combat becomes as we add more and more features. We may just want to stick strictly with defined roles for different types of units (meat units=capture, siege units=siege).

It would be a big surprise if archers could shoot fire arrows on buildings but use normal arrows regularly. I mean, if they can use fire arrows, why not use them all the time?

I like that to use fire arrows, the archers should get into a defense castle.

To bring down a building, you should get a special building breaker weapon. But you can kill everyone inside it, making it nonfunctional.

Imagine trying to aim with a leaf on the arrow tip. It isn't that easy. The same goes for fire except that you would risk burning your bow too.

"Fire arrows" were not just arrows, at the tip of the arrows there were ragged cloth with some kind of flammable oil, so the difficulty of firing fire arrows is that they need to transport the oil, the cloth and make a fire before being ready to fire!

Besides that, the bows and the arrows were not made of dried wood, they were made of strong and resistant wood, strong and resistant wood is equal to hard-to-ignite wood, so with the exception of using the oil, the bows wouldn't burn.

Edited by Pedro Falcão