Feedback

Rasunadon

• 3 months later...

When I have now read number 11 (ships being stuck on the beach) once again I have an idea for later versions:

Yes, ships could be stuck if they came too near to shore but when you get there some infantry (from 5 to 20, depending on ship size; they could be even from the garrison of that ship) they will be able tu pull the ship back on water. It could be done like building new structure from stucked boat to free one. Animations for building will be sufficient.

Alpha 5 Edetania is here so my new ideas and findings will be connected to it, still on Ubuntu.

1) Celtic dog is barking now, great. But when you train him there is a sound of neigh (like some chariot). But neighing dog is better than talking one, isn't he?

By the way, if I remember well, ships were talking too. Now you can make great chime with them.

22) The mini-map lacks some rectangle/trapezium to see where you currently are.

23) In main there is only date of release. The full name (Alpha 5 Edetania) would be more useful.

24) When you are building for example barracks you can set the rally point only after completing the building. Ability to place it during the construction would be player friendlier.

25) Formations are now implemented only for land units and not for ships (connected with 10-Ships moving too tightly).

26) Will be fire projectiles able to set target on fire (for dame over time) and buildings on fire "able" to ignite adjacent building/units? I think the fire projectiles are now only a graphic enhancement.

27) Silhouettes are great. What about some units, for example called spies, whose silhouettes will be usually visible only for their leader and for enemy ones only if the spy attacks/is too near to enemy warriors? He will have to have auto-attack turned off, of course.

28) A bit more of zooming out would be great, especially when commanding ships. This is now "solved" with ships moving tightly (10); they will be concentrated in one place just after a dozen of commands. And unchecking Restrict camera in Developer settings is not a good way to solve it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done today a big check and summary of all my "tickets".

Here are the results (Alpha 5, release 9530, Ubuntu):

Closed (is/could/should (not) be done): 3, 4, 6AB, 7B, 16, 22, 28

In progress (thinking about, working on): 1, 2, 5, 7A, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17A, 18, 19

Still open (not answered, ?): 9, 13, 17BC, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29

1. Bad dog sounds: now barking but when you train him there is a sound of neigh (like some chariot)
  2. Missing animal animations: still there, in progress
  3. Slow rerouting: could be implemented but will be too expensive due to not-so-good pathfinding
  4. Button labels out of screen: done
  5. Slower loading: a switch suggested
  6. A. Minimize, B. Turning of building: A. Alt+Tab works only in windowed (Alt+Enter) mode, B. hold the mouse
  7. Garrisoning system: A. thinking about new methods of unloading, B. gates are not openable
  8. Garrisoning numbers: maybe working on, could be done together with Ticket 817
  9. Ships and siege units with GARRISON button: still there
  10. Ships moving too tightly: thinking about
  11. Ships getting stuck on beach: working on, suggested infantry being able to pull the ship back on water
  12. Name of Celtic gate in Celtic is "Insert name here": now there is none Celtic name; all other nations have they home name for buildings; maybe working on
  13. Building place of Celtic gate is too large: still there
  14. Celtic rampart only graphical: still there but better with silhouettes
  15. Getting units from enemy while being hit: thinking about
  16. Continue in building: done
  17. Rally point on resources/building/garrisonable place: A. Ticket 745, B. ?, C. ?
  18. Error while firing from towers: maybe working on
  19. Javelinists still going to attack: thinking about
  20. Backthrowing javelinists: ?; this is not Ticket 854; I will post those images again
  21. Multiplayer now: ?
  22. No you-see-this area on minimap: should be Ticket 803
  23. Only date of release in main menu: ?
  24. Rally point during building: ?
  25. Ships formations: ?
  26. Fire projectiles able to set target on fire: ?
  27. Spies with silhouettes visible on to their leader: ?
  28. Increase of zooming out when over water: could be done
  29. NEW Promoting of everything: ? (it say "Promoted" even if you have selected a woman/building/tree/nothing)